add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Deepcool - TESSERACT SW vs Cougar MX330, which is superior?

Zethex

11 months ago

Hello all pcpp users,

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Zethex/saved/JJRP3C

My current part list. I'm deciding whether or not the Deepcool - TESSERACT SW case is better than the Cougar MX330. Both are extremely similar prices (>$1 difference)

I'm aware that the MX330 has more front panel USB 3.0 ports and the TESSERACT having more case fans pre installed, but it would also be great if someone could give like a list or something of the pros and cons of each. This will be my first build and I'm not too sure what parts of a case make it better than others.

Don't care at all if I lose those red led lights or about the looks of the case, whichever performs better and gives better temps is better for me. Other case suggestions around the price range are welcome too. Thanks

Edit: I'm going with the Cougar MX330-G. Thanks for the info

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 10 months ago
  • 1 point

So, out of curiosity, assuming that one is not going to use an AIO, would you still vote for the Cougar, and why?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the MX330 has a solid PSU shroud, though; no vents on top of the shroud. Is that correct? That would make it a non-starter for me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube