• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

s3amorris 4 days ago

I'm doing a mITX build for an older person so graphic intensive gaming involved, but they use the internet extensively, use MS office and other lower end software. Their monitor is a Dell S2717H. Looking for a solid combo without going too crazy. I've built lots of gaming rigs but I'm asking because I'm so used to building higher end systems, that I don't want to overbuild this one. So far I have the Fractal Nano S case, Samsung 860EVO 500GB and a WD 1TB blue for the backup drive. Looking for recommendations on the best combo CPU and Mobo to fit this scenario. I've done builds using all 4 of the major Mobo companies, but honestly I've have had the best luck with ASUS or AsRock.

Is an i5 8400 and ASUS H370 overkill? Or should I do a Ryzen 5 2600 with B450 board? Or are either of these too much for what this person needs and is "relatively" future proof? And is there any reason to get more than 8GB of DDR4 2666 RAM?

Comments Sorted by:

lukart 1 point 4 days ago

It's actually right the best ITX mobos usually come from Asus or Asrock. I would say get a asrock B450 Gaming ITX and a 2600 Ryzen if you want something future proof, as AM4 is here to stay and you will have a long lasting PC that can do all, render, game etc..