add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I'm being unfairly down voted

fredointhecut

10 months ago

Despite the fact I'm one of the best part pickers on this site, my builds keep being down voted. I've only been on this site a few months and I already have haters, that's crazy.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 49 points

Despite the fact I'm one of the best part pickers on this site

Not a great start to this type of post. While some people may downvote you more than others the votes are extremely widespread. There is no evidence of collusion or targeted downvoting. It may be time to take a look at what you post, how you post, and the reactions from those responding to you.

1/20 EDIT: I'm locking this thread. The point has been made and advice has been given. No need to pile on any more.

• 10 months ago
  • 21 points

Evidence of no targeted downvotes.

manirelli 1 fredointhecut 0

• 10 months ago
  • 12 points

We gather here today to remember fredointhecute a person who will be rememered for whining about spam downvotes before being downvoted 6 foot under....

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 10 months ago
  • 8 points

"But but but George Soros is financing the evil downvoters."

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

in sarcastic voice

bUt hE diD tHouGh

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Dunked on by a mod.

F

• 10 months ago
  • 14 points

Sure.

I've only been on this site a few months and I already have haters, that's crazy.

Mods can check if people are "excessively" targeting you in particular. In general though, comment karma isn't worth caring about. Sometimes it will correlate with quality content (in some sort of hand-wavy absolute sense, rather than just by the opinion of the poster), sometimes not.

• 10 months ago
  • 12 points

Stop, ego-centrism will NOT gain you popularity, especially on the internet so stop and think before you type. You will make mistakes, like i and everyone else will have to lose an argument at least every once and a while

my builds keep being down voted

Because you need to think before you type, do some level of research rather than following the opinions of expert builders, a trap too many people on this site fall into. You cannot jsut make lists because they sound good but do at least a bit more research into your lists.

I already have haters

Im not sure why but the word "hater" has always left a sour taste in my mouth, it reminds me of MS and HS where kids would wear " I hate haters " T-shirts as a way to warn the world that they probably don't take criticism well. You can't go on the internet, complain about "haters" and be taken in a positive light. Also i don't think there's a singe person on this site that is unanimously despised because PCPP isn't some "hate mob" of " insert joke about stereotypical internet outcasts who lash out their frustration to randos ".

Nobody is going around mass disliking your posts just because they dont like you but anytime you get downvoted it is for a reason.

• 10 months ago
  • 10 points

“Despite the fact I'm one of the best part pickers on this site,”

You’re very humble too, lol.

Anyways, all jokes aside, I’ve looked through some of your recent comments. They seem fine to me. I’d imagine a mod will see this post at some point, see it as targeted downvoting from someone, and resolve the issue.

“well it's a wrong opinion.”

Also, for future reference, saying somebody’s opinion is “wrong” rarely ever evokes a positive response. Perhaps in the future you could do this in a less abrasive fashion? A suitable tactic to use in the stead of insult is teaching. Rather than informing an individual that they are wrong, display to them how in the future they could be right.

• 10 months ago
  • 9 points

Excessive down voting flags and the mods see it and if it's targeted they deal with it.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Yes it does. A while ago somebody went on a mass downvoting spree against me and within an hour the nods had restored my karma and banned the user. And I didn't even inform file a report about my missing karma.

• 10 months ago
  • 9 points

Strange. A lot of the things I put together on this site are poor excuses for machines and I still get upvoted.

• 10 months ago
  • 7 points

Maybe it's because you don't act like an ***? I guess we'll never know.

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

If that is a compliment thank you <3

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

Looking over some of the OP's comments I think you are right.

He claims to "be direct" yet I don't think he realizes you can straight up spout the facts without sounding like a total Fargonian Ice-Hole.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Fargonian Ice-Hole

xD

• 10 months ago
  • 9 points

claims to be the best builder

spends 2/3 of budget on 2080Ti and uses a case with zero fans which will toast that GPU

• 10 months ago
  • 8 points

Someone actually caring for karma?

Karma store doesn't exist for the greedy.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

This^

Now if only I knew that back in 2016 lol

• 10 months ago
  • 8 points

I've seen some of your comments and this is not true lol. Stop lying to yourself.

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

I bet I'm more humble than you.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

No one can be more humble than I!

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

It's treason, then.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

Does 900 degree spin while shouting

RWAAAAEAAAA

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Could you add 8101 degrees please?

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

Buddy you've lost more karma in this single post than your entire time on PCPP.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

He has no karma mate!

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

yeah, because of this topic lol. he had some before this though

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

Even I have karma lol

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

He needs something more real, like money! No money, no deal!

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

But then the Karma Store...

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

You sound like a troydarin

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

What do you think you’re some kind of Jedi waving your hand around like that?

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

I'm one of the best part pickers on this side

well your opinion is wrong

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Yepidi yep

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

I don't really know you and I haven't seen any of your lists, but from what I can tell, you seem a little bit arrogant despite people telling you the flaws in some of your parts lists. I advise you to do a little bit more research on balance, and to be a little less arrogant. You'll gain that comment karma back in no time.. Maybe throw some humor in the mix, it's like sugar, very important.

Edit: I've seen you put a GT 1030 in a build now.. that's a bit odd..

Edit 2:

yes cooling matters but it's not life or death for a system, it shouldn't take priority in a build where you have to downgrade a 2080 ti to a 2080 just for some fans.

That 2080Ti of yours could DIE because of the heat. Just straight up gone. It’s best to keep it cooled.

so the only way to get air into a case is by fans? There's air everywhere. as long as there are air holes in the case it'll be fine. That is your opinion because not every case is the same, and like I've said previously you shouldn't downgrade your build for some fans.

So the only way to cool down in summer is by fans? There’s air everywhere. As long as there’s a window open in the room you’ll be fine.

no. non k series intel cpus are just not worth it. You could wait for the 9700KF that's going to be cheaper due to the lack of an iGPU. But you might have to wait a month or 2.

What? Non k series intel cpus aren’t worth it? They’re pretty great and also recommended by lots of experts depending on the budgets and needs of people.

Notes: you also seem to prioritize having 16GB of ram, it really isn’t necessary in most cases. ESPECIALLY if the budget is like, 550..

Your case choices are typically a bit peculiar and cheap.

A thing that I also do, but that’s only for myself and because I’m stubborn, is pick a high capacity SSD when you really don’t need it. In fact, a 1TB hard drive and a smaller, fairly cheap SSD for the OS and important programs is plenty. This can actually leave room for that cooling AND your 2080Ti! :D

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Stop.

my builds keep being down voted

So? They're just virtual internet points. Not like it really matters all that much.

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

maybe your opinion of yourself is why

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

I'm one of the best part pickers on the site

Right, and i'm Mike Wazowski.

• 10 months ago
  • 7 points

And I am C-3PO, human cyborg and relations. Fluent in over 6 million form of communications. It’s nice to meet you sir.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

:O nice to meet you sir

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Well, I'm Rick James, *****!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm Elvis Presely, back from the dead!

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

I'm Will Smith.

It's rewind time

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Lets take a look, shall we? Here is one of your lists, with 2 downvotes.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $399.89 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Scythe - FUMA Rev.B 79 CFM CPU Cooler $46.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $175.56 @ Newegg Business
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $119.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Crucial - MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $134.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $67.10 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $68.79 @ B&H
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $98.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan $11.49 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan $11.49 @ SuperBiiz
Other RTX 2060 $349.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1484.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-15 11:43 EST-0500

You could have easily opted for a 2700x/9600k and 2080, yet instead it’s a largely un/optimized and only half decent parts lists. I suggest you admit your own faults, or manirelli will be happy to hit you with the hammer. None of us made the perfect list first time, just accept you can’t make the best list and wok on improving.

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

Not to mention he put OEM copy of Windows.

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Downvote this comment.

If no one on this site pays your bills, let them downvote all the want. Lol.

If someone doesnt like me or what I have to share, great!

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

I'm gonna try to help you out here

Your lists are not that great right now. But, that's ok. Learn from your mistakes. You'll improve as you go.

In other words, it's ok to make an only so-so parts list and then learn from the criticism to make your next list better, but it's not ok to make a so-so list and claim you're the best and that everyone else is just a hater.

It's ok to be wrong. If you say something wrong and are corrected, that's not being a hater. That's someone trying to help you out.

It's also ok to be direct. But, it's not ok to sound like a jerk. For example, this:

“well it's a wrong opinion.”

makes you sound like a jerk. Instead, you could go with something like "I disagree lol, but out of curiosity, why do you think that?". Not trying to put words in your mouth, but saying, as Zeromus said, you can convey the same message in a less abrasive way.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

I've only been on this site a few months and I already have haters, that's crazy.

Hmmm... :P

Anyway as others have said, the staff can see whether or not you're being 'targeted' or not. I'm guessing they'll see or have seen this.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

Hey, so I don't really know you, although I do admit I haven't been active on PCPP for quite awhile now, so I wouldn't know how active you are /how many haters you have etc. but judging by your previous comments, it isn't a "hater" targeting you and downvoting you. Rather, I think it is due to comments like these:

well it's a wrong opinion.

PCPP is a really friendly community, so you're probably not gonna get any haters purposely making alt accounts to downvote you. Rather, it's probably your "blunt" comments like those that are getting you downvotes.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

I did a little looking around before commenting.

For one, why is it so important for you to have karma points? If you had a 1000 how would that change your life (other than creating and posting on this thread?) You can't do anything with those points - no one outside of this site knows they exist.

As you have stated in the thread, you have received numerous positive feedback from helping others with your builds. Sounds like you have a lot of success with that, but you are still not happy.

Also, what criteria are you basing your self rating on to be one of the best part pickers?

As far as your builds go, and I'm no expert, I do notice some don't have any case fans. And a few don't have CPU Coolers - maybe the CPUs come with one - I don't know, and I didn't research that. But for case fans I would think it would be worth the investment to get at least two unless the person asking for build advice specifically indicated minimal noise and no fans. That might be way the builds are down voted?

Another point is the tone of this thread, as many have indicated, does not help your case.

Good luck.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

I live, breathe, and sweat comment karma. Every day when I wake up, my sole mission is to gain more karma. It's all that is important, and karma directly influences how intelligent you are.

/s

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

I just want to know why nobody comes to the forums and complains about being unfairly upvoted?

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Good point...

(Seriously, that's an interesting thought lol)

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

slkipp, something like that, lol

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

Wow, this topic got 977 views. I think this topic has the most views I've ever seen on a topic.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

It's now over 1000.

Kinda sad isn't it?

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

This topic almost has as many views as the pinned topic 'off topic rules'. 1100 views for this and 1200 for the pinned one.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess people need a goid laugh.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

Ah this thread never ends it seems. Reminds me of when Unrealisticman went on a political bigoted tirade, before that when Eurobeat literally insulted the whole community and when Rolfjec trolled the website with his AMD fanboy topics. You have officially surpassed all of them at this point, in one thread.

I’d give advice and say stop and save yourself, but you’ve literally argued with every piece of advice and dug this hole so deep theres no point in me trying. lololololol

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

I’m actually happy this thread exists as it’s a massive karma farm.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

I would keep arguing with him but honestly, I’ve got better things to do.

Besides, Karma is no good out here, need something more real!

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Come on guys cut Fredo some slack!

Fredo, was that a typo? maybe the words out-skirted the thoughts? If not, i agree with Manirelli - spend a little time looking at the reasons offered by the few potential downvoters as most likely these will be well-justified.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

A few things I have noticed while looking over your part lists is that you seem to stick to the budget even when you can go way under and have it not really affect performance, mainly on office type builds. You also do not rationalize your part choices. As in you don't explain ehy you chose something.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Please keep it polite.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Understandable. Saw it comin.

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Hazing is not okay.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

First pun I have seen of my name

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Your name clouds our punvision. It has a certain haze to it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube