add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Biggest product letdown

PCPPAccountant

10 months ago

Anyone ever have something you were so excited to use only for it to come up well short? Not work? Make you think, "That's it!?", something that should have been amazing, but just wasn't in so many ways, etc.

I recently got a DJI Mavic Pro to start a little aerial photography side business. My wife finally let me get one after selling my first car for some spare cash. The car was my baby so I know she felt bad watching me let it go. So anyways, she let me get it. Got it last Friday, could not wait to get home from work and open it all up to see how it flew. Wanted to charge it up and get it airborne by this weekend to get some shots of the snow we got on the East Coast. However... they sent me one with a defective battery....

I could not even bind the drone with the controller or run any firmware updates. It was basically a brick with propellers lol. I was gutted, could not believe I got one with a bum battery. But it is what it is... The distributor is fixing the situation sending me another battery and paying for me to send mine back so I guess it all ends well. Just another week of waiting for now...

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 8 points

The OUYA console.

Enough said.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol I've actually never heard of that. Looks interesting though.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

It's an android game console. It gotten a huge amount of backing on kickstarter but fell flat on it's face due to

1. The console is very sluggish and was very bug ridden(had a fan in a completely closed off case). A Samsung S4 outpaced it specs wise.

2. The controller s u c k s. The joysticks start to wore off within 2 weeks and the buttons often stick alot.

3. Redundancy. The android phone can do much more than the Ouya and when bluestacks exists, there's no point to this console.

4. Limited software. Alot of the android games can't be played here unless you jailbreak the console and have to stick with the few games that the OUYA has.

What a 100 dollar paper weight.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol wow that does sound like ****

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

You literally had a better experience taking a flagship phone from a previous year, hooking it up via MHL cable to your TV, and using a PS3 controller+keymapping app.

The idea is good enough- think about just having Android on a TV so you could have Netflix and games and what have you. It absolutely fell apart in execution though, and pretty much anything you would look for as a redeeming quality just had more flaws.

Specialized Android skinning broke a lot of what made Android attractive. Then the controller was terrible. Then the pricing, while attractive for a console, was barely competitive with other Android devices that could connect to a TV.

It legit would have been a better device if it was just stock Android with instructions on how to connect a third party Bluetooth controller and a decent first party keymapping app.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Yesterday I installed two new sticks of RAM in my Ryzen PC and it just decided “Well you didn’t have enough problems during release with RAM compatibility, have some more!” And now it doesn’t work again. Great, I went from a fine working PC to unusable, again...

I thought this **** wasn’t an issue anymore, def a let down.

• 10 months ago
  • 6 points

I can imagine.

Installing the new kit, recalling the first problems

"If my memory serves me right..."

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Root back again

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Update: Fixed it by moving the RAM to the second set of slots. It decided it likes this better of course giving me a massive headache lol

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

PCPartPickyRAM

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

haha nothing more annoying that trying out like 50 different complicated ways to fix something and something stupid like hitting it once fixes it

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, this is very true

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

That's why I always hit it first.

Still can't figure out why I break so many things, though.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow that sucks, why so many issues with Ryzen and RAM?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I fixed it. Usually the motherboard is picky what slots the RAM is in. When Ryzen first released almost 2 years ago (time flies eh) there was so many RAM issue but most are fixed now. Once I. Awhile something stupid will rear it’s ugly head but it’s fixable.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha, understood

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, my pump....I mean....

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Lol if you mean what I think you mean...oh god

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Oh dear

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Sounds tragik. Care to fill anybody in? Or is it...personal?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think anyone really wants to know.

Think of the children!

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Destiny 1/2

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Lol yea it is certainly not Halo

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I’ve actually never played Halo to be honest, so when I bought Destiny I was really confused why everyone liked Halo. I figured it out eventually, but it was confusing.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Yea I played the first Destiny, but was not all that impressed. The Master Chief Collection came on my Xbox One when I purchased it. I loved each of those games, 2 being my favorite. Still had the best cut scenes of any game I've played I think. Was like watching a movie.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Halo 2 Anniversary's cutscenes are a masterpiece of CGI.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea they were great. I never played Halo growing up until I got my Xbox. Then I binged the whole thing and was blown away lol

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

The PS4

I got one for christmas with Uncharted 4 and the Last of Us and both games bored me to death. Also Dark Souls 3 is "alright" its more artificial difficulty than natural difficulty.

backlash awaits

Too be honest if i only wanted one because all of my friends had a ps4 and i wanted to play with them but it was locked behind a paywall, something i couldn't afford at the time.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I mean, Sony wasn't ever that great anyway, so...

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Really? I got the PS4 for Christmas this year and played both of those. They were incredible for me. Spiderman was amazing as well

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh, iv'e play so many "cinematic" AAA games with splices of gameplay thrown in to the point where i rarely play AAA games anymore.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Guess it is all what you are into, but all of those titles were fantastic for me.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

True, everyone should express their opinion.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I got an extra 8 GB of RAM for Christmas, bringing my rig from 4 to 12. I'm not sure if it's only my experience or if this is how it is, but the performance boosts were hardly noticeable. Maybe opening my web browser cut off half a second, or opening a certain game and running it got me two FPS more than I had with only 4. Major let down for sure.

I haven't told my parents, tho, as they'd probably send it back lol

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

It's probably because you're running partial single channel partial dual channel with no way of knowing what is running in what mode. That's why it's good to stick to powers of 2 (2,4,8,16,32,etc). Oddly enough, if you were running 8gb (2x4gb) you'd probably experience an overall boost to performance on programs that are memory intensive (although not a massive one).

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, I'll keep that in mind for the next upgrade.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea I bet, was nice of them to get it for you though. Better than not working at all like in someone else's reply on here :P

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

It was nice of them to get me it. I'm thinking though what they could've gotten me instead...

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Next year

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

You can always try taking the original 4GB stick out and seeing what performance is like.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Biggest Product letdown: I actually don't have one.

I do have a "Biggest Service Letdown" ------->> EASYJET (UK). It's a long story and a ridiculously unbelievable one, so let's just keep it short and sweet. The staff is atrociously rude right to the core, their overclocked definition of "delay" is as bad as dial-up internet in 2019 and to top it off if you fail to cloud-backup your possessions you'll end up at your chosen destination without your luggage. 24 hours late, no compensation, no pre-booked hotel, not even my toothbrush in sight! I was better off staying at home and ordering your drone in hopes of a working battery.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol damn that sounds awful. My wife and I have friends who had a similar experience with a smaller airline over here in the US. Basically had to sit on the tarmac for 6 hours after their plane refused to take off. It would start up, pull back, go to taxi out, then lose all power. It did this three different times. Basically it was some software thing in the plane saying it was not safe to take off. Then since it took so long to take off, the pilots had to leave for the night due to the union labor hours thing. So they had to spend the night in the airport until the following morning when the pilots were cleared to fly. So they needless to say, they never took that airline again lol.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I’m about to get my EVGA G3 after my CX450M checked out early under the load of a GTX 1080, we’ll see how that holds to my scrutiny. Howver my biggest letdown was likely the B450 Aorus M. The VRMs were falsely advertised as 8+3 phase, the BIOS was a mess, and it wouldn’t give me manual voltage control of my CPU for overclocking.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Just unboxed it, and I’m impressed

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

V e g a

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus TUF FX-504 is my choice. I had to return it cause asus f-ed up the harddrive. Next laptop the space key was really hard to push down and it took 30 seconds to load chrome each time. There were no viruses, and the anti-virus software wasn't demanding.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm still using a keyboard I borrowed from work when all of my USB ports died on my computer.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Some of the old PS2 mechanical keyboards are really nice though.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Need to get my mobo's USB's working again first lol. I think I am going to have to warranty the thing.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, I plugged in a 3d printer to install drivers. Next thing I know my mouse and keyboard are no longer working. Then I realize nothing USB is working. So to make a long story short, USB controller is probably fried and I have to warranty my mobo.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I use the k63 and it is awesome..no rgb though, just red.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube