add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good case fan hubs for cheap

IamNotGoodWithUsernames

11 months ago

I have 5 case fans all of which are 4 pin, my motherboard only has 4 fan 3 pin fan headers and i would like to improve cable management by shoving all those case fan headers on the back of my case.

I would prefer to spend under $50 if possible and would like to have at least 5 headers on the cheap.

The corsair commander PRO and the Thermaltake Commander AP both look good but i want to get some advice if any.

the look of it will play a small factor in weather or not i purchase said item but that boils down to " as long as it doesn't look like a bare bones bootleg im fine "

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Another might be the NZXT Grid+ V3. I've used both Thermaltake TT Premium Edition and the Corsair Commander Pro. Didn't really care for either of them because of the software. Also, note that the Thermaltake one only works with their fans I believe (because they use a special cable).

I now use the Aqua Computer aquaero LT 6. But this is much more expensive and also geared towards liquid cooling. But check it out if you are shopping around.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Late reply... do you have rgb fan lighting?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

No, i do have red LED fans however.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

okay, so you don't need a rgb hub.

i bought a phanteks pwn hub for less than $20 - https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-PWM-Fan-Controller-PH-PWHUB_01/dp/B00M0R05WE, though it might be cheaper at Newegg. I have 9 fans connected to it. It comes with 6 ports plus 2 splitters, so 8 fans can be connected, but additional splitters can be be used.

The only issue I see with this could be that your mobo doesn't have a 4-pin header. Is this correct or does your mobo have a 4-pin fan header?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

My mobo does have a 4 pin header the original "4 3 pin headers " statement is a typo i meant 3 4 pin headers and a CPU COOLER header which is also 4 pin.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, I got it....then the Phanteks will work for you. Very easy to work with, although once you plug your fan into the hub, it's challenging to get out, which is good because it stays in there, but when you're moving things around it can annoying. Plus the Phanteks into one of those 4 pin headers and your fans into the hub and you're set. Oh, it runs on sata power, so make sure you have a connector available for that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube