PCPartPicker

• Register

Is this possible that neighbourhood swap a fuse connected to my apartment but in staircase fusebox?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

sew333 3 months ago

Hello.Today i get power outage in my home. Outage was something like 7-8 seconds and power back. No breaker trip in HOME fuse box etc,just normal power outage. But today was very windy outside. Maybe it was this related? My question is this possible that neighbourhood swap a fuse connected to my apartment but in staircase fusebox?

Just dont like that neighbourhood he is living above my apartment.

Comments Sorted by:

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

This topic has been moved from "Hardware > Other" to "General > General Discussion".

Root_User 1 point 2 months ago

The lack of replies may be more due to readability than where the thread is, but we'll see.

Godzlegend1 1 point 2 months ago

Are you asking is it possible your upstairs neighbour, swapped a fuse in your fusebox?

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

So you’re saying the breaker for the whole apartment building was tripped and not yours? That would be the most common case and everyone’s power would go out.

Usually with large building they automatically reset themselves, it’s like a giant electric stwitch that whines up and slams back into places for safety reasons.

I doubt your neighbor switched out a fuse, there’s nothing you can achieve by doing that. Plus if he didn’t know what he was doing he probably would’ve blown himself and the panel up.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Not to be mean, but it would likely be better if you just wrote it in your native language and we can use a translator to better understand your question.