• No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Matnoob12 1 month ago

Here is my build

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/XNP323

I want to know what would be my best upgrade choice. For example GPU? Or CPU & motherboard? I don’t have enough $ for both right now. Unless I wait a bit and it will be well worth it.

Currently get pretty good FPS while gaming. Oh forgot to say this will be for gaming mostly. I do get drops when on high settings. Most recently noticed a hit while playing Pillars of Eternity Deadfire. Any feedback is welcomed. And thanks.

Comments Sorted by:

Cosine_ 2 points 1 month ago

There isn't really any CPU worth upgrading to on that board, as a) it doesn't support over locking and b) you aren't going to see much of a performance increase by upgrading from Skylake to Kabylake.

I think the biggest outlier in that part list is the GTX 960. You'd probably benefit quite a lot from upgrading to a GTX 980 Ti/1070/RTX 2060.

Matnoob12 submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Ty very much although with my current build I don’t see any reason to upgrade to the 1070. Will probably just grab a 1060. If I was upgrading the cpu than I would get a higher tier GPU to compliment it. But who knows!

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I disagree with them. A 6700 wouldn't run much and would be a good place to upgrade. So long as you can find one reasonbly priced.

slkipp 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

the i5-6500 should be good enough to keep up with a 1070ti/1070/2060, I think.

For just gaming, I'd say that'd be your best bet. The best CPU you can get is a 7700K, But you'd definitively want a CPU heatsink upgrade on that too.

And only 48c under load? that....seems over impressive for the C7. But I guess if you're not super-hardcore burn testing it?

Its really going to come down to how much your budget is?