• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Jmoe86 1 month ago

Hey everyone,

I am considering buying a pre-built Cyberpower GMA 1394A with the following specs for $1,350:

Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz RTX 2070 8GB 16 GB DDR4 240 SSD 2 TB HDD

I have read mixed reviews, and I’m fairly new to PC builds. Are these solid computers for gaming? Any other better deals out there for the price?

Thank you for any help!

-Jason

Comments Sorted by:

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 3 points 1 month ago

Any sort of prebuilt will come at some sort of sacrifice, most of the time a crappy power supply and motherboard. It's better to just build it yourself, where you get better PSU and value. Here is a list with an almost identical CPU, faster RAM, better power supply for upgrades and a guarantee it won't blow up, and with the added bonus of being almost $100 cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor $190.88 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $69.99 @ B&H
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.57 @ Newegg
Memory *Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $89.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage *Patriot - Burst 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $31.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Black Video Card $499.99 @ B&H
Case Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case $49.98 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1187.27
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-21 15:08 EST-0500
Granddy 2 points 1 month ago

Case could use a front case fan but other than that pretty good build

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I mean he’s got the AIO on the front allready.

Granddy 1 point 1 month ago

You can mount the AIO on top of the case and put a fan in front of the case so the video card can get fresh air.

Otherwise, it'll be receiving hot air coming from the AIO or starved for air if it's a pull configuration.

Cmon, it's less than a 10 dollar purchase

Good call.

Jmoe86 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I build a low, middle, and high end on PC Part Picker, ranging from $980 to $1,700. I do like the prebuilt, but seeing the options and prices I would rather build my first computer!

Jmoe86 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Oh nice! That would be an awesome build, thank you!

Andrewp232 1 point 1 month ago

never guarantee something won't blow up

ZFGeek 1 point 1 month ago

I have trust that most PSUs won't blow up. I had a Rosewill psu from amazon for $20 and ran it for over a year, and it still works. I could use it in another system. I don't know, maybe I got lucky.

On the other hand I have a great CX450M that kicked the bucket, and isn't putting out power.

PrivatePengu 1 point 1 month ago

To be fair, you can't really rate a PSU based on user reviews, since they're generally inconsistent. Some may say a Logisys PSU is awesome because it hasn't died on them, yet another may say that their G3 1300W is terrible because it had a problem from manufacturing.

Andrewp232 1 point 29 days ago

it was a joke that you were guaranteeing something wouldn't blow up.