add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MACBOOK PRO MID 2012 i7 750 HDD TRADE FOR GAMING RIG

SilverBackGames

10 months ago

I currently still have my old gaming rig that has these parts -I5 7400 -1 TB HDD -1060 GeForce The rest is just pre built stuff from HP. I was offered a Mid 2012 Mac Book Pro with an i7 and 8GB of ddr3 ram and a 750 hdd. Is it worth trading straight up for this? I want the macbook for college so I cant have something for classes I will have to attend and for video editing. Thank you for all the help in advance!

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

No, that’s a very bad trade. Just get a cheap chrome book if you need something portable. That Mac is never going to run any games. Besides you could get a windows laptop with better specs new for way less.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Video editing rules out Chromebooks.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh. Still OP shouldn’t trade for a Mac.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

take the desktop to college for video editing and use a chromebook for classes?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. I went through school with a late 2012 macbook and towards the end, the design and video editing programs were getting rough anyway. The 2012 HDD macbooks start running really slow and have problems with the way the sata cable runs inside. So now at almost 7 years old, it's a bad trade. Maybe get an SSD for the desktop and a chromebook like you said.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a 7 year old laptop likely on its last leg. I would look for something new that you know will last. I'd look at open-box items at bestbuy or microcenter. Might have some luck.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Newegg has refurbished products too. Also a good place to check.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want something quick and easy and still want a mac, get some cash from the deal on top of the Mac because its not that great of a deal... Put that money towards a 500gb SSD or better yet get a used surface pro

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube