PCPartPicker

• Register

If I hire someone to assemble my PC parts what should i tell them?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Chosenpredator 2 months ago

(yes I know it's as easy as lego to put a PC together so on so forth) but I want to get it built by someone because I am to nervous to mess with this type of stuff at the moment.

So what should I tell the PC builder to do? ask for wire management/updating drivers bios/ turn on memory XMP?

I have no idea lol so thank you for any advice or tips!

Comments Sorted by:

bucketofcrud12 4 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

well, assuming you have someone in mind already, I guess these are things you should know you want. I would say: windows updates, latest Nvidia drivers, enable XMP to highest supported out-of-the-box profile, do any manual overclocking you'd rather not do yourself, have them stress test the CPU for stability. overclock GPU if desired. good cable management is a must, keep all small accessories, screws, manuals, boxes together for ease later down the road. mount GPU cooler very firmly. put ram in the correct slot(s). test the system thoroughly before handing it over to you so that you dont get any unwanted surprises. If you have nobody in mind right now and are looking still, feel free to contact me via DM and we can discuss it. Good luck, hope you get what you're after!

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Don't break it.

Lol, for real, though I'd ask for thoughtful wire management. Maybe a BIOS update if you're not comfortable with it. Set up a proper Boot order.

As far as XMP, that's up to you. It's dumb easy to do that yourself so you might benefit from tinkering a bit there yourself.

degas73 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Maybe you can ask about his past work. How many PCs has he built? Any photos? What does he feel about your current project -- has he done similar projects?

For your specific requests, I would tell him to make sure there's proper air flow to keep the temps down. In order to do that, you need good wire management, cooling, heat sink and a roomy case. Good luck!