• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

mr_cool998 27 days ago

So I wanted to buy some Corsair LL120 fans for my case, however I already have a 3 pack of Cougar Hydraulic Vortex RGB fans in my case along with a Cougar controller. Would I be able to buy some Corsair RGB fans and plug them into the Cougar RGB controller or would the fans be incompatible because of them being different brands?

Comments Sorted by:

vagabond139 5 Builds 2 points 24 days ago

No. Corsair fans only work with Corsair RGB controllers.

Godzlegend1 1 point 27 days ago

If I am remembering correctly, NZXTs, Corsair and cooler masters controllers only accept their own specific fans, so I'd imagine Cougar is the same but I may be remembering wrong

mr_cool998 submitter 2 Builds 1 point 27 days ago

Well since almost nobody is checking out this post, if you could point me in the right direction to find a clear answer that would be appreciated.

Godzlegend1 1 point 27 days ago

When I answered you, I tried a cursory Google search to see if i could better answer your question rather then just relying on my memory but I couldn't find any answer that helps you. My bet is that like all the other manufacturers it won't allow it. You could contact Cougar support if you want a guarantee.

mr_cool998 submitter 2 Builds 1 point 27 days ago

Nah I think I'll pass. I went ahead and did some googling myself and I found a forum on Tom's Hardware with the same kind of question and pretty much the same answer. I'll have to figure something out because I'm only looking for two RGB fans and I want the RGB to be double sided because I'm going to have them push out air.

ZFGeek 1 point 27 days ago

Usually rgb fans from companies like corsair and NZXT are controller specific, so more than likely you can't mix and match.