add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
YoungTechnician

7 months ago

In this thread, you are allowed to rant about anything that is annoying you. Just make sure to follow the PCPP Guidelines (no racial or discriminatory comments, etc.) Make sure to be polite.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 10 points

I ******* hate it when people bump old threads. *******, when will they learn?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

That is always annoying, what's the point of it?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

lol ctrue

• 7 months ago
  • 9 points

Why do people in Minecraft call ******* gold ******* butter, the material is called GOLD god ******* damn it, GOLD you **** ****

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

That was a fad that died long ago

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

I've gotten back into Minecraft the last week and people still do it constantly

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Mmmm...gotta get them EXOTIC BUTTERS, ya know?

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Triple smh

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Its a skydoesminecraft reference, one that is so bad it was one of the reasons why he abandoned the channel all together.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

People like slang because humans are tribal primates, and slang is a convenient tribal identifier.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure what was unclear there, so I'll cover it all, just to be thorough.

Calling gold "butter" is an example of slang.

Humans are primates, specifically a kind of ape, and we're biologically wired to be tribal, to form groups that share a common identity.

Slang is one way members of a tribe identify each other, and it's also a way to show loyalty to the tribe.

In other words, the Minecrafters you refer to call gold "butter" to satisfy their primate need to belong to a tribe.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Ohhh lol now I see what you're talking about

• 7 months ago
  • 7 points

The lack of attention I got when I posted my 1st build. For several months I would visit this site daily and look for other fellow 1st builds and compliment them. I only noticed recently but this boosted my Karma and the positive feedback motivated me that this is a good community. So when I finally posted my 1st build not so long ago, there was a lack of attention. Of course I was bummed out at 1st, but then I realized people can't always browse this site to comment on all builds. Just making that "one comment" on someone's creation would be enough to make their day.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

true

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, it's hard to get attention with so many flashy builds being posted. You need to learn how to fluff the presentation. For example, if you'd titled it "Cheap Chinese GPU Fail on a Budget Gamer", you'd likely have hooked a few more comments. Or just be direct. If you want opinions of your first build, ask for that. "Please Review My First Build, School and Gaming System".

• 7 months ago
  • 6 points

Annoyances?
1. People who say "You can do all that on a smartphone". You can do an amazing lot of things on a smartphone, but some jobs are best done on a proper computer.
2. People who think everything must be overclocked, or you're doing it wrong. OCing is cool, but max speed isn't a priority for everyone.
3. People who say of some new piece of tech, "It's the future." Maybe it is, but the real future has a habit of surprising us.
4. People who say of some old piece of tech, "Nobody uses that any more." If nobody uses DVDs any more, why does Wal Mart sell so many?
5. Modern software. I no longer have a computer; I have a software-update and notification-delivery machine.
6. RGB, the PC building equivalent of Fortnite skins.
7. People who move out in the country and think it's okay to let their dogs run wild.
8. YouTube battle clans. I don't know who I hate worse, SJWs or the anti-SJWs. To me, they're all outrage junkies.
9. Waking up with a scorpion crawling up my leg.
10. Bad customer service.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Kids who talk about Fortnite 24/7 and how they got that victory royale with 60 kills (Which is impossible btw)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s not impossible. You can shoot the battle bus with an RPG. I remember when Fortnite was popular and not trash yet hearing about that and watching it on YouTube.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

A pro team also got 60kills in squads yesterday

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

”Waking up with a scorpion on my leg”

That’s sounds interesting. Go on.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

In some parts of the country, central Texas in my case, unless you spray regularly with scorpion-specific insecticides (arachnicides?), they'll get in the house, and sometimes they get in bed with you.

I don't always spray regularly...

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. People who move out in the country and think it's okay to let their dogs run wild.

Could you elaborate? lol. I'm from the country and basically all of the dogs around here run wild. Mostly no issue aside from the random idiot dog running into cars or the occasional knocking up of *******. Of course, this is why it's best to have a male country dog, lol.

• 7 months ago
  • 5 points

Tangled cables.

Nuff said...

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

And then you wonder how they even got tangled.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Nope. I just set fire to everything and start from scratch.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Reasonable

• 7 months ago
  • 5 points

Simple, Clear Logic: What is the point in living, if you do things you don’t like to do, for an instance most people don’t like doing chores, so Why are you doing it, wouldnt you rather be doing something you actually enjoy doing, like there simply IS NO LOGIC if you do something you clearly don’t want to do, then why are you wasting your precious and valuable time doing it.

Here is a saying: Life is short, make the most of it, don’t waste it.

Like I say i am far superior to all humans on earth because i know this well.

And yet for whatever reason, idiots seem to think that doing things they don’t like is how the world works, HELLO, LOGIC CHECK: Are you enjoying doing that thing you don’t want to, well then explain to me what logic you are using, if your logic falls under the “because I have to” category, then I’m afraid that as a being of advanced Human intelligence, I regret to inform you that your logic is illogical, and a revision is required.

It is plain, simple logic that makes sense: If you don’t want to do it, then don’t, evolve an advanced brain like mine.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Speaking straight to my heart. Maybe one day these peasants will learn true logik. Don't worry, I don't need to be told; I know I'm extremely humble. Maybe the most humble.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Best PCPP copypasta to date

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Are you joking?

I don't like paying my power bill. But for some reason that just doesn't seem to satisfy the power company when they threaten to disconnect me...

We do things we don't like all the time because of the utility we receive in return. It's called being an adult.

Edit: Well played sir, well played.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

=)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

X'D

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Doing things you don't want to do builds character, and character gives you the strength to do those things you don't want to do.

Uh, I might need to work on that argument a bit.

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

Here we go... Many of you here will relate. So I am looking at getting s 144 Hz monitor, and am still undecided whether or not it’s actually worth it, or I should just go 4k. Anyways I was at the mall, when I thought ‘hey there’s a Microsoft store here, I’ve been in there before and they have 144 Hz monitors they let you try out’ So I walk in the store, and they shed replaced every single PC in there with AN XBOX. Not a single PC in sight, all replaced with the Xbox one s and x, all rigged up to these beautiful 1440p 144 Hz and 1080p 240 Hz gaming monitors. So I held it together, and decided to talk to the staff. They asked me what I needed help with, and I said I wanted to try 144 Hz on a monitor. They said sure, and printed me towards the nearest one, hooked up to an Xbox one S. I asked if I could see 144 FPS on 144 Hz and got the same response. After looking around a little, I noticed a single GTX 1070 laptop, which I asked them if I could try out. They said sure, took my to one of the 240 Hz ones, AND PLUGGED IT IN WITH HDMI. Plain old HDMI 1.4, crippled at 120 Hz. Anyway I was pissed, and felt like I was betrayed by Microsoft to the average cosine peasant, which outnumbers us PC enthusiasts. I was ready to storm out of there, but held my temper and asked them if they felt 144 Hz was worth it. Their response was no, “because anything over 30 FPS isn’t visible to the human eye.”

Anyways I lost my last little bit of respect for Microsoft, and am going to push to make Linux my primary OS again, and use Wine to get my windows games running.

• 7 months ago
  • 5 points

lol is this a copypasta cause it really should be

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

No... It does seem like one though.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

So I am looking at getting s 144 Hz monitor, and am still undecided whether or not it’s actually worth it, or I should just go 4k. Anyways I was at the mall, when I thought ‘hey there’s a Microsoft store here, I’ve been in there before and they have 144 Hz monitors they let you try out’ So I walk in the store, and they shed replaced every single PC in there with AN XBOX. Not a single PC in sight, all replaced with the Xbox one s and x, all rigged up to these beautiful 1440p 144 Hz and 1080p 240 Hz gaming monitors. So I held it together, and decided to talk to the staff. They asked me what I needed help with, and I said I wanted to try 144 Hz on a monitor. They said sure, and printed me towards the nearest one, hooked up to an Xbox one S. I asked if I could see 144 FPS on 144 Hz and got the same response. After looking around a little, I noticed a single GTX 1070 laptop, which I asked them if I could try out. They said sure, took my to one of the 240 Hz ones, AND PLUGGED IT IN WITH HDMI. Plain old HDMI 1.4, crippled at 120 Hz. Anyway I was pissed, and felt like I was betrayed by Microsoft to the average cosine peasant, which outnumbers us PC enthusiasts. I was ready to storm out of there, but held my temper and asked them if they felt 144 Hz was worth it. Their response was no, “because anything over 30 FPS isn’t visible to the human eye.”

Anyways I lost my last little bit of respect for Microsoft, and am going to push to make Linux my primary OS again, and use Wine to get my windows games running.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Wow, my own copypasta to be spread around the internet. I’m gonna see this posted in some r/askreddit thread about a bad store experience in a week or so.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Living the dream man. Become legend.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

bad store experience OOPS WINDOWS AND MICROSOFT SUCKS NOW

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ve always been unhappy with Microsoft, and especially windows 10, they just kind of drew the line there.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

So a bad store experience with a random employee = Win10 is bad time for linux final straw? Ooookay there

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean Microsoft has always been on my nerves and pissed me off, it just kind of all boiled down to one point where I had enough.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

And that point was not Microsoft related, it was just the way a store was managed and one ignorant employee, epic

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This reminds me of when I visited an fnac store and I was looking at the gaming section, and they had the ASUS PG248Q set up with a gaming PC. A keyboard and mouse was set up so I gave it a look. Well what do you know, I look at the framerate counter in the corner of the screen, and it said 60HZ, instead of lets say 240hz which the monitor is meant to run at. I tried to go in the settings to change it but unsurprisingly is was blocked off to prevent tampering.

Either way, it was just kind of funny and annoying at the same time that they put a 240HZ gaming monitor on display, yet locked in to 60HZ.

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

I hate it when people don't clean their room.

Moves dishes on floor to make room for freshly emptied coffee cup

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

I know, right?

Pulls papers off bed and puts them on floor so I can go to sleep

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Moves dishes on floor to make room for freshly emptied coffee cup

I try to keep my area pretty neat but this hits too close to home. lol

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah my biggest problem is forgetting to take stuff out right after I use it. Other than coffee cups I rarely have anything else though.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Mines always a plate I forget to take into the room, followed by the inevitable second plate which reminds me of the first.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I hate people with clean floors. It's a floor. It's the indoor version of the ground. It's supposed to be dirty.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I know right.

Mold spores intensifies

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

My asus rog 1080ti card bit the dust 40h into a 45h print (3D print). Pisser is I have a raspberry pi controlling my other printer, and was waiting for my second one to show up. Order came in to good to pass up, client needed it asap so i started it before I received the 2nd raspberry. It's not advised to print from a PC, specially a windows machine because of win 10 auto update. If the computer shuts down, communication with the printer is halted and the print stops. I haven't got auto-resume quite figgured out tot he point I could sell a piece with it. But I took all the necessary precautions and cut the system completely from the network, did a test print, and felt confident in the setup. I had 0 issues prior with the video card, and I've never really utilized it to it's full potential. I was pretty pissed.

Asus has been a complete pain in the arse with the RMA. They received my card two days ago and I have yet to get confirmation from their RMA department about receiving it. Tried calling today and just couldn't understand the person on the phone. Wasn't a foreign rep, but the guy sounded like he was drunk to the point of black out.

Client was cool about the whole thing though. He moved his big project to another printer, but gave me a bunch of other smaller work. Was thankful for that. My first failed customer print. Happens to everyone, but damn what an odd way to lose a print.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Asus has been a complete pain in the arse with the RMA. They received my card two days ago and I have yet to get confirmation from their RMA department about receiving it. Tried calling today and just couldn't understand the person on the phone. Wasn't a foreign rep, but the guy sounded like he was drunk to the point of black out.

Did you add in a bag of candy? I added a bag of treats when I RMA'd my ASUS STRIX 580 about 5-6 months ago. Had the card back within ~7 days including 2 days of shipping each way. Sometimes you'll even get free stuff or an upgrade. People really like free candy. Moral of the story: you always add in a bag of candy when RMAing.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I never thought about that... course I wasn’t really thinking at all when the. And went out.

Great pointer, will do next time!

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Good tip!

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

I hate it when people think the psu isn't important and that it can be cheaped out on.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Homework. I mean WTF. I spend 6 hours at school a day, come home and spend another 3 hours on homework. Quite frankly I think it's bulshit.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

And for me, I live 2 hours away from school, so I wait until about 5:00 to get to work, and since I live so far away from the school, I need to get up early, so I have homework that pushes me late into the night sometimes and then I get up early with not a lot of sleep. Get home, and more homework. Repeat every day of the week. I sleep in on Saturdays, but I get up on Sundays to go to church (I do like going to church, though, so it's worth it). So that's my entire life. And I still have 5 months left until I'm finally done and we move, hopefully being closer to the school in the new place.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Dude same! I only really have Saturday to myself because I have to got to church on Sunday not once, not twice but three times. It's not that bad because I have a lot of friends there but yeah. No free time.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Three times on Sunday? Wow, that's pretty crazy. Why do you go to three services? Or are they different events?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I go once in the morning, once during the middle of the day and one in the evening. They are only about 1/2 hour long. The morning one is your regular communion, the second one is a sermon in which people can take part and actively discuss bible and what-not and the third one is three quick sermons by different people.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Catholic or Protestant? I've never heard of this kind of schedule.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I wake up at 6:00. I arrive at 8:00. I stay at school until 6:00, with extra classes. I go home with 3.5 hours of homework. My only free time I have is during weekends and on PCPP when i'm at school. Mind you i'm only in 8th grade, prepared for 9th grade. People say High School is harder than middle school but how can it get harder than this?

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Here's another perpetual annoyance. You're on a gaming forum. You see a topic where someone has an account problem. You open it up to see if you can help, and you find out that they let their brother/sister/friend/dealer/guildie use their account, and something bad happened.

I've got no sympathy at all. You've been told over and over and over not to do that, yet you did it anyway. And to make things even worse, now you're publicly announcing that you're sloppy about computer security. You're like a mouse going to a hawk convention and telling the hawks that you got injured trying to get cheese out of a trap.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Even better is when you see another thread by a different account and they say they asked for help and got banned.

Maybe it's because you publicly admitted to breaking the ToS by sharing your account? Maybe?

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

**** cables.

**** cable management, **** everything about them. Maybe if they weren't so ******* thick and stiff I could actually move them around, but no. I naturally have poor dexterity/motor skills, so all I can do is just live with the spaghetti.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Big oof

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Why isnt waluigi in smash? I mean really what benefit do they gain for not making the best character in the nintendo cinematic universe in one of their most popular game series?

Think about how good of a fighter he could be, he's tall, slender, in great shape, has a good work ethic, always helps his more ogrous brother even when it doesn't benefit him. His IQ is higher than that of an AMD fanboy, i heard he makes good popcorn, and finally because i, some anonymous kid on the internet keep crying and begging nintendo to make their games perfect.

If you disagree with me, i will call you every nasty word that ends with a "ist" and "ism", so fast my parents wont bring me my tater tots out of fear i will pwn them like i do to noobs on roblox.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

you Waluigist

IM OUTRAGED! IM GONNA CALL THE CYBER POLICE TO VIKTORY ROYALE ALL OVER YOUR FACE! IM GONNA GET A TWITTER MOB TO SEND YOU HATE COMMENTS TELL YOU POLITELY THAT YOU AER WONG!11!!1

+1

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

You can't deny the truth! Cough Anti-Vaxxers and Waluigists Cough

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't deny the truth

The truth that waluigi is better than you'll ever be at smash

"plays outdated mem clip of teenagers screaming whoah! "

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Tis true. I am horrific at smash. I get smashed by my opponents.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

People who think there are "PC Peasants"...

Honestly, for the love of god, if you think you're some kind of god because you spent $6000 on a PC, you have the worst superiority complex of all time. People are part of the PCMR even if they have a $300 prebuilt, and you can't convince me otherwise. They shouldn't be limited to a lower social status by your low economics, and you denying people the right to feel accomplished by telling them that they're "Not the PC masterrace" is just garbage human behaviour.

The PCMR is not about gatekeeping, it's about sharing the good feels of playing on a computer and sharing that experience with tons of other players like you. It has nothing to do with your build.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't matter if you are getting 20 fps on low settings or 300 on max. It all comes to an end if you stop having fun.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

WHY IS QUAKE 2 SUDDENLY SO HARD TO RUN WHEN COMPLETELY RENDERED WITH RAY TRACING?

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

RTX on, smooth frame rate off.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

still performs better than battlefield 5

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I got the money for my PC together like 4 months ago but I’m still doubting, always

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I hate when people rant.

K e k

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Okilie Dokilie

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

OKILIE DOKILIE NEIGHBOR

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Howdy-do neighborino

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

lol

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Let us pray for god to allow Homer's blind soul to return the multitude of stolen items that lay in his household. Praise the lord. Amen.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

what i hear on the subway: furfnif furfnif we like furfnif (this is other people, not me talking to myself. (that's weird))

me: * cough *

(as you can see, i don't like epic games/the * cough * certain game (wait, it shouldn't be considered one) that certain * cough * young children seem * cough * to be obsessed * cough * with )

side note: unfortunately they make/own unreal engine, launched, and, no i will not judge/discriminate if you * cough * play * cough * furfnif

i'm just sick

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Do you need a glass of water? You should get that cough looked at. And cover your mouth.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

i did earlier.

feel okay now.

not going outside for a couple of days though... wind chill in -50 f outside, gives people frostbite in less than a minute

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Fortnite's not a bad game for the price (speaking of the Battle Royale sector). I started playing at the beginning of Season 7. It was really engaging for a while, then I found myself wondering, "Should I play Fortnite tonight, or watch some YouTube videos about geology?"

Did you know that Iceland is the intersection of a rift zone with what is probably a mantle plume? Very different kind of vulcanism than what you'd find in a subduction zone.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I play Fortnite, and I agree it sucks, but I still play it. I like the free games ever 2 weeks in the epic game store.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

i mean i won't judge if people play it- most of the time where i live its really peer pressure, and of course-it's free - but then people get called noobs if they don't buy a * cough * skin

i usually don't like it when a game goes free to play, or is

still playing rocket league though (guy at best buy was like this when i bought my new headset (an steelseries arctis 3 if anyone was wondering for $40) :that's such a 2015 game * laughs * nevermind, i don't judge, i still play it

and cs:go (even though, in the words of one of my friends: they pulled an ea on us)

and everything is now a battle royale: cod, battlefield, even a stardew valley mod

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you like platformers?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

sort of-they sometimes get frustrating/a bit repetitive for me

but everything does after you do something for too long

one of my friends is a sonic fanatic though

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

My rant: Someone literally just posted an ad on PCPP about... You won't guess unless you witnessed it yourself... Counterfeit money! It was all over the forums >:(

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This is not the first time this has happened. Nor will it be the last time.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Why PCPP tho. Theres an entire UNERGROUND WEB to post this!

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Because scammers are generally pretty dumb.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thick Indian Accent Hello. I work for the IRS. Give me $5000 in Best Buy gift cards or you will be promptly arrested. They are really stupid >:/

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The FBA and CII have your infornmations. Send $5000 monies or elses.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

PC Elitism.
My rant....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube