add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Why are all of the build guides from staff?

woahwoahwilly

9 months ago

Just caught my attention. I was thinking of making one but just wanted to get this out of the way before possibly wasting my time.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 6 points

Too much literal **** was posted by people and that was usually the first place people visited on the site. Trust me you should be glad there are no more public build guides. For every 1 good one there were at least 100 awful ones.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

What, you mean you didn't like the $30K build guides with a Pentium CPU and 4 Titan XP's in SLI?

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

I am fine with this. It would make way for crappy build guides and tons of misinformation. A thing which PCPP as a community usually does a great job of avoiding. And it usually gets called out when present.

However I do think a curated build guide system would be cool. Where you can submit build guides and they staff chooses whether or not to actually post it depending on if it is good or not. But while that would be a cool feature it would take time that the staff probably doesn't have. So I can also see why it has not been done.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube