• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Jazzy_Mattson 2 months ago

Hey there yall. Im from Sweden and the market for costum built pc are really ****** over here. Its much better over at the us so i was thinking if its possible to save money and buy stuff from amazon and sites like those since its technically cheaper than if i were to buy it in Sweden. Or do you think its stupid to buy things overseas?

Its kind of hard to get my thoughts out here so i understand if im not making any sense

Comments Sorted by:

TheShadowGuy 4 points 2 months ago

Some people do that. The problems are shipping, customs, and taxes, which can all make it impossible or not economical.

Jazzy_Mattson submitter 1 point 2 months ago

I was thinking about that too.. my reasoning was that the shipping cost make up for the more expensive cost overall here in Sweden if you catch my drift

TheShadowGuy 1 point 2 months ago

I'm clueless on Swedish import law.

Worth noting you might have an easier time importing from somewhere like Germany that is within the EU but has a stronger computer industry.

interesting.. You know any german computer sites?

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

amazon.de should have a lot, you can change country in the top right of the page also.

TheShadowGuy 2 points 2 months ago

Not personally, but while making a build on this site you can change the country to Germany and it will only show prices from German retailers.

PrivatePengu 2 points 2 months ago

I wouldn't order from anywhere outside of the EU if I were you. Amazon Germany should have better pricing, but ordering outside of the EU is probably not going to be worth the trouble. Even if it says 200 USD on the product page, you're going to pay far more.

Oh ok. So ordering from Germany is my best bet if i were to buy things abroad?

Yeah, I think so. It's within the EU and shipping is cheaper than, say, the US. Amazon UK might also be a possibility, but I'm not sure.

Ok thanks!

Just make sure you read up on it. Shipping, customs and taxes, like TheShadowGuy said, can all vary greatly.

Jazzy_Mattson submitter 2 points 2 months ago

I will!