add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC Raffle for Education

once_upon_a_goat

10 months ago

I am conducting a Technology Service Learning Project that we have built four New PCs and refurbished five old PCs. (I plan to post more completed builds). When we donated the PCs we discovered that more people are in need than we could even imagine. There are many people in Chesterfield and the City of Richmond that don't have access to a computer at home, and many that don't have access to a computer at all.

We are trying different ways to raise more money to donate more PCs to various groups throughout Central Virginia and one of the ways we thought would be a good idea is to give back some more. We want to raffle off a Gaming PC(s) depending on how many people are willing to purchase tickets.

All of the proceeds will go towards purchasing more parts to refurbish or build more PCs to donate to the community.

I am looking for help on how I should go about handling a raffle online and any tips for where to promote this project.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure about the rules on r/hardwareswap but if they allow advertising of raffling that would probably be a good base. General Reddit, Twitter, other heathenish social media sites, etc would probably be good too.

If I were you I'd consider also setting up a GoFundMe as it seems like a noble cause.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I am already setting a GoFundMe up, thank you. I will look on some of those sites but I was going to also try and see if I can advertise it on here under the sales topic.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, if it is considered a giveaway then it wouldn't be allowed.. But, being that it's a raffle I'm not sure if that counts. Staff would certainly have to weigh in on that. If they do determine it to be a giveaway they may give you authorization to promote your GoFundMe. But, it requires prior approval.

I'm not staff, but this is covered in the User Code of Conduct and the post I linked.

I recommend you contact the staff directly and ask them.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey I have relatives in Chesterfield!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > For Sale Or Trade" to "General > General Discussion".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube