• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Vratatata 10 days ago

Which website or place is the best to find used computer components in Europe. I am looking for i7 6700K and a gtx 1070ti or 1080.

Comments Sorted by:

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 2 points 10 days ago

Any particular reason for the 6700k? I’d you allready have the motherboard, look into an unofficial BIOS flash for 8th and 9th gen chips.

Vratatata submitter 1 point 9 days ago

I saw some videos showing that bios flash is not enough. You have to do stuff with the processor (covering some pins or pads etc..) . I am not an expert in these kind of stuff so i am afraid to harm the processor also I don't have equipment to do such things. I have a gigabyte gaming 3 z170x motherboard. Do you think a simple bios flash is enough to use 8th or 9th gen processors?

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 9 days ago

Yes, a simple flash should work, without any physical pencil mods. It’s best done on a dual bios board, in case something goes wrong.

Vratatata submitter 1 point 6 days ago

well.. I google here and there. and most reliable thing that i could find is this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8e5HThe3w&t=611s

it seems like it requires a lot of stuff to do. Also the guy who is doing it seems like he has been doing sub-zero overclocking. So I don't think I would be able to pull this off. Especially if i get a new cpu and **** it up that would be kind of it for me, considering i have limited budget.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 6 days ago

I mean, just follow the instructions exactly and you won't **** it up, it's a lot like installing homebrew on an nintendo device.

G_rot777 1 Build 1 point 10 days ago

Not from Europe, but ebay prices aren't bad. You can also try facebook marketplace or gumtree.