add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Decisions, Decisions...

SychicMind

11 months ago

So I'm looking to purchase a graphics card and I'm going to have $600~ by the end of the summer. Here are my preferred options:

• Strix 2080 (I can get this for $630 after eBay sales)

• Strix 2060 (I can get this for $340 after eBay sales)

• Wait for Navi and hope the performance is good.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

2080 or 2060 is going to depend on what resolution and desired frame rates you want to hit as well as what quality settings.

Navi is most likely not coming out this year. AMD stated they are only refreshing their product line for the rest of the year.

At best your looking at a reveal in Q4 with an actual launch next year with later retail availibility.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

im planning on 1440p at 144hz but i haven't bought a monitor yet

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want higher quality settings then the 2080 although you might need settings turned down.

2060 can do that but would need settings reduced further then the 2080.

Navi would most likely be only further behind as it is intended as a Polaris replacement not Vega 56/64 replacement.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

aight so 2080 it is then

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

navi is delayed until october i think, so go with the 2080

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

alright thanks!

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're getting a rtx 2060 at this point of time, it's better to get it new for 10 dollars more that has warranty and it's, of course, brand new.

If you're playing games 1440p 144hz, the rtx 2080 will hit that barrier at higher settings more often than the rtx 2060. The 2060 can reach it but may need to lower settings or slightly less demanding games to reach that barrier.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

the strix 2060 usualy goes for $400~ though

and the other one is a 2080 non ti

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Fixed the error. It should of been a 2080 not the ti lol.

And why specifically the strix 2060? You're screwing yourself over without that warranty to be honest and there's decent rtx 2060 for 350 dollars out there.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Mostly just for the looks and rgb software compatibility. And there's a pretty beefy heatsink too

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube