add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Setup aesthetic- The Same or not the Same, That is the question

meiling888

9 months ago

This is a desk setup question. I have an asus 24' 144hz monitor already and I'm thinking of getting a second one. I'm seeing some 144hz monitors on sale right now from different brands for under $200. The asus one is still over $200.

Should I get the same monitor anyway for aesthetics or go for value?

TLDR: Should I get the same 144hz monitor or the cheaper one for my desk setup?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

I think this is hard to answer since it is usually preference of the user. Would you prefer them to look identical or save the cash?

I think personally, I'd prefer to have them the same. But not just for the look. Different make / models of monitor can also have colors and brightness that look different by default. If they are side by side you might need to tune them to look similar. The same model, assuming all defaults, should at least have a picture that matches in addition to the overall look.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I was definitely thing about that too. I most likely will end up getting the same monitor. I'll just wait until my wallet has recovered a bit.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube