add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Ever Build, Gaming/Streaming/Editing, Issues?

SmartBobomb
  • 13 months ago

I feel I've done my due diligence of research, but I'm not familiar with prevailing manufacturer issues, or whether I'm going to encounter any major conflicts between the parts I've selected. I have a hard 1,500USD limit on the build, and was shooting for a white/blue theme, though in the end the build theme isn't my main concern.

I like to think of myself as an "intermediate power user", and the build is meant to be used primarily for gaming, streaming, and video editing. My concerns mostly lie in whether the 2700X is more viable than the 2600X, and the motherboard. I had originally intended to work with a 1070Ti (I've gone with AMD GPU upgrades to machines in the past) but after a price jump in the model I was eyeing, I went to the 2070.

Cyberpunk 2077 is also something I am very concerned with being able to run on higher settings, so some futureproofing was in my mind.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $308.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $147.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $147.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB AMP Extreme Video Card $519.99 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.98 @ Newegg
Case Fan Corsair - LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120mm Fan $31.17 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1436.09
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1416.09
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-21 01:39 EST-0500

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $308.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $147.99 @ Amazon
Storage ADATA - XPG SX6000 128 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $28.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Team - T-FORCE DELTA RGB 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $111.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Team - T-FORCE DELTA RGB 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $111.99 @ Newegg Business
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB AMP Extreme Video Card $519.99 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.98 @ Newegg
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 120 PWM 87 CFM 120mm Fan $14.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1524.89
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1504.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-21 07:47 EST-0500

Changes

• Way more storage. 2tb of sata ssds and a m.2 drive on top for a boot drive

• got rid of your ll120 fan since you can't use the rgb without a command pro.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Wasn't aware of the RGB on the case fan, so I appreciate that. Went with your suggestion on the storage, dropped one of the SSDs, as I have a 2TB HDD sitting in the now-dead PC that necessitated this build, heh.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Not completely clear on the compatibility warnings, and what that could mean going with this build.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

sorry for responding so late but it should be fine. It's just that the m.2 slot takes some bandwidth from the SATA ports so unless you're trying to fill up all of the sata drives, just make sure you plug them into a different port that isn't being affected

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

This isn't bad at all. However, if it were me, I would go with a 250GB SSD and a 2-3 TB hard drive for storing videos that you edit. Unless you're editing photos, in which case, nevermind. Lol

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I believe a ssd would be better than a hard drive for editing videos.

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

Speed wise, yes. However, video files can take up a lot of space in little time, especially 4k video. If he's editing high res files, he's going to want the storage and not so much the speed.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

My apologies. I forgot to mention that this is a build to replace a store-bought computer that contained a 2TB HDD which I will repurpose for this PC.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

No biggie. Good luck to you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube