add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lend me your Ears - help for recommendations on Gaming Build - 2k budget

Cinthel
  • 13 months ago

Looking to finally put my old machine to pasture and have started to formulate the below build. I'm looking for insight/opinions on a few things but first my use case.

Computer Gaming @ 1440p 144hz, with some OC capability, Futurproofing and infrequent media work. Nice to Haves are Corsair/Gigabyte branding and a more quiet build. Price point isn't a giant concern if the value is there I'll just save more and wait longer to build. Overall Budget though I want to stay under 2k. Also I already own the 2080 Aorus so don't count that in the budget.

MoBo: I want to stick with Gigabyte Aorus Z390 but I'm struggling justify if the "master" is worth it

Ram: I'm price shopping between 3k-3200 Ram if anyone has any secrets for Ram/Speed/Branding/Performance let me know its just ram

Storage: I like the m.2 as its cleaner on the build but the pricepoint/performance is hard to justify for a gaming machine. is the MX500 vs 970 evo worth noting for gaming? I like the cost savings

Video Card: I've already bought this as it replaced my old card

Case: Its the Evolv x or the Lian LI 011 and the 011 just looks like more fans and less performance.

Fans: Recommendations for this Evolv x case? It already comes with fans and then the corsair cooler I think I should be set

PSU: I would like to have a corsair or a be quiet PSU but it just can't justify the price again for brand loyalty is it really noticeably quieter with the be quiet brand?

Thanks!
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $418.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair - H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $139.99 @ Newegg
Thermal Compound Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g 1 g Thermal Paste $9.93 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $259.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $140.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $134.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial - MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $134.85 @ OutletPC
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $247.99 @ B&H
Storage Crucial - MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $134.85 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB AORUS Video Card $819.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks - ENTHOO EVOLV X GLASS (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $209.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2882.31
Mail-in rebates -$80.00
Total $2802.31
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-27 09:33 EST-0500

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Master is worth it for the VRMs.

for ram make sure the Cas latency is low. 3200mhz C16 is the same as 3000 C15

you probably wouldn't notice the faster speeds of the 970 evo in day to day use

personally, I'd recommend the o11 dynamic. It's a stunning case and if you watch GN's review on it, they note that it doesn't come with any fans but does well in thermals.

I can't speak on the PSU as I've only had one from EVGA

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Didn't know that about the ram thanks!

I've watched all the videos between the 011 Dynamic and the Evolv X and its still a really tight choice for me. The Fans conversation does come into price point consideration as well as the evolv x comes with Fans

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd still strongly suggest it. At the Evolv X's price point, they don't include many of the features advertised. To actually use the dual system, you need a special PSU from phanteks that can cost $200 and then actual kit which is $14.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not looking to use the duel system setup in the Evolv x mostly the aesthetics and clean functionality/use/feature setup.

What Fans would you use in the 011 Dynamic?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be fine with the fans that come with the 115i Platinum. If you really wanted something nice, you could look into Corsair's Light Loop fans.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube