add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrade to Performance

robbi121
  • 13 months ago

Hi together,

just wanted to ask about my setup and what SHOULD (could) be my next upgrade to get a medium to big increase of performance for gaming.... would be great if you could also give me a name/link for a new part option which I could switch to

Thanks! EDIT: 4 monitor setup, 1x 2560x1080, 3x 1920x1080

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor $279.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler LEPA - AquaChanger 120 103.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $69.18 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - PRIME Z270-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard -
Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $149.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Kingston - Savage 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive -
Storage Crucial - MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $200.00 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB GAMING X Video Card -
Case Inwin - 303 Black ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $109.99 @ ModMyMods
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $898.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-28 05:47 EST-0500

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

They best way would probably be to upgrade your cpu and mobo to 9th gen. Otherwise there aren't really any big upgrades other than your ram

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Easiest way to boost fps is to overclock your 7600K(make sure to install some fresh thermal paste before) and to swap your ram memory to 3200mhz sticks of any brand really. Cheers.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think there are big gains to be had. If you are playing some of the new games that run a ton of threads, you might benefit from a processor upgrade to 6 or 8 cores, and I suppose you'd have to change the mobo as well. Faster ram would make a small incremental improvement. How fast are your monitors? What sort of fps are you getting now in games that you would like to improve?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube