add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
ShadOhh
  • 13 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q9jHMZ This will be my second ever build. I wanted to get a 6 core ryzen as I want to stream with this build and intel cpu's are very expensive my previous build had a i5 8600k it was a 6 core cpu but didn't have hyper threading this ryzen cpu has more than 6 threads. I went with the cooler master cooler because it was one of the cheapest 240mm aio coolers my first pc had a corsair h100i v2. I went with an asus rog mobo because I love asus aura sync and the compatibility with my cpu cooler is nice and i can have rgb ram compatible with it in the future my first pc had an asus prime mobo. I am going with 2X8GB sticks of ram 3000 speed so that I can have 16GB as i well be not only gaming on this pc but broadcasting to twitch with this single pc setup my first pc had 1X8GB stick of 2400 speed so i am upping the speed and amount this time. I went with only a hdd because I don't think the cost of ssd's for the amount of storage that you get justifies me getting one with a just above $1K budget maybe if i was building a pc in the $2K range it would justify it. 2TB will be plenty of space for me to store games and movies/tv shows. I wanted to get one of the new rtx cards but i didn't want to spend past $400 I wanted one of the rtx cards because ray tracing can only get more support in the future even if many games don't support it yet. Plus the new nvenc chips in the rtx cards will improve streaming quality than getting an amd card or a gtx card that's why i felt like it would be fine to get a 6 core ryzen cpu instead of spending an extra $150 for an 8 core ryzen cpu. Should I run my stream off of my cpu or my gpu because I heard that obs allows you to do both on twitch? I wanted to use the same case that I had for my 1st build as it was very easy to manage cables and very easy to build in. I choose a 650w gold psu as I had a bronze efficiency psu in my last build and I wanted a more stable psu with great reviews. The monitors that I chose are 144hz in 1080p as I don't see the extra cost of getting a 1440p or 4k monitor as my gpu can't even play at decent framerate past 1080p. I chose 2 monitors as I want to play games on 1 monitor and have my chat for twitch opened on my other one. I chose a blue yeti with a pop filter and supported mic stand to make it easier on myself while streaming. The blue yeti has great reviews. As far as the gaming chair it has nothing but 5 star ratings on amazon and it has great customer service it also isn't $400 like the many big gaming chair companies maxnomic, dxracer, etc... The desk has great reviews, is inexpensive, and i have always liked the look of corner desks of course I won't be placing my heavy pc on the top of the desk I will set it on the floor under my desk. Any feedback or parts that I should change? Any additions? I will take all of the feedback that I can get. Thank you.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

get an ssd, you'll notice that your boot speeds and load times speed up

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube