add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Some opinions on my build

Tosha2121
  • 13 months ago

So I am doing music production and I have finally (since I am a beginner) figured out my parts and how I want to build my pc. But i still need a little help. I do not plan to overclock either but So far I have I7-8700 processor

Cool master cpu cooler fan although someone said for what I'm doing the stock fan that comes with the processor would be enough. Would you agree?

16 gb of ram (8x2) trident z rgb ddr4 3200

Msi z370 and here's 1 of my big questions I plan to just use my old screen monitor I have already and it has a vga connector I need so I feel I dont need a graphics card right now. But if I did go with one I was thinking of going with the sapphire radeon r7 350 2gb video card. What do you think? That one also has a vga connector I need

Rosewill cullinan atx mid tower

2tb hdd Seagate

1 tb ssd

And windows 10

Now for supply I dont know what to get for this setup without the video card its 109 w but with it its 174 I'm confused on how many watts I should get I know I dont need to much but I also don't want to get to little.

the case has rgb lighting and 4 fans. So any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I will be running fl studio and because I'm getting the scarlet focusrite it comes with ableton and pro tools. I will have a akai mk2 mini keyboard and alot of plugins. Again any opinions and all opinions matter to me

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

while reading this i didnt understand half of the part choices and i am considering the wellbeeing of my mental system

why a r7 card in 2019 WHY

and a vga monitor you can use an ADAPTER why do you want to throw away performance because of a port.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Instead of saying WHY in all caps explain to a beginner how I screwed all the way up asking WHY is not gonna help clearly said BEGINNER

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

the r7 cards were entry level in i thing 2016 and are outdated by todays standarts.

for the vga monitor you can get a hdm/dvi/dp to vga cable and use the monitor.

and it would be great if you could provide us your budget so people can go out and make a parts list for you or help with part choices.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

1200 and 1 guy submitted a list but I thought ryzen was bad guy I work with said its terrible I always wanted to build one for music production so I asked him seeing how I thought he had experience. He said all those parts would be fine

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

not sure ryzen is a nice cpu for productivity. if you dont need the pc now id reccomend waiting untill ryzen gen 3 comes out and doing a bit of reaserch and saving a bit more.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

where i work we acualy praise ryzen for what it is.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

that one guy who you work with isn't that smart then, though ryzen has slightly lower single core speeds (almost insignificant) which is only really useful in gaming, recently amd has been the price - performance kings. Ryzen is significantly better in workstation situations.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

WHY

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

might want to go with ATX if he's completely new to pc building. It'll be easier for cable management and general use

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube