add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
M0ckingTheJay
  • 13 months ago

This is what I want to upgrade to:

From this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cW676s

To this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VP7yP3

Things that are kept the same/already have: -Water cooler -Ram -OS -Keyboard -Mouse -Wifi card -HDD

Is there anything that could need a change or such?

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points
  • I definitely wouldn't get the 1070. Consider the 1660ti or 2060 instead - both outperform the 1070 and can be found for cheaper. 2060 if you want DLSS and RT, 1660ti if you don't care for either of those. I would personally opt for the 1660ti.

• You may consider the Ryzen 7 1700 or regular 2700. 1700 has FAR more value to it but you'll lose a bit of clockspeed and a couple of features. 2700 has a slightly lower clockspeed but is quite a bit cheaper due to not having an RGB cooler. You'll be using an AIO anyway.

• If you don't need W10 Pro, I wouldn't pay extra for it. In fact, if the Windows on your current build is the "full" version - you should be able to transfer it and not pay again.

• Avoid the B3 series PSU. Consider EVGA G2/G3, BitFenix Whisper M or SeaSonic FOCUS.

• You might consider spending ~$20 or so on a motherboard with built in WIFI. Much cleaner look without the WIFI adapter

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

you may also want to wait for when Ryzen 3000 is coming. More cores and higher clock speeds await.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, this also might be worth waiting for. I know I am.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

-I have to do more research to compare both the 1070, 2060, and 1660 ti to pick.

-By benchmarks for all three, 1700, 2700, and 2700x, with a little bit more money towards a processor, the 2700x succeeds both.

[STAFF REMOVED]

-I will just take your word on the PSU.

-I already have the wifi card, so buying a motherboard with built in while having a card is a little bit is wasting.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying piracy as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

You could look into an RTX 2060 they are better then 1070's

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube