• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

DDNguyen 1 month ago

I'm about to replace my old MacBook Pro 2014 with a newer laptop that has the abilities to handle 3D software, multitasking, and entertainment. I've done a couple of research online and these are my top 3 choices: My first choice is the late 2018 MacBook Pro 15'' core i7 with Vega 20. Because I've been in the MacOs ecosystem for quite long so it won't take time for me to get used of it. My second choice is the Razer Blade 2019 core i7 with 16 GB of rams and RTX 2070. My third choice is the Gigabyte Aero 15x core i9 with 16 GB of rams and RTX 2070. My question is should I stay with the MacBook Pro or switch to Window Laptop since it offers better performance and good bang for your bucks. Thank you for your time.

Comments Sorted by:

Goodperson5656 4 points 1 month ago

Its really personal prefrence and price. I personally think macs are underspeced for their price. But they do have good weight and build quality. Also, they only have USB C, but thats Apple for you.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

I personally think macs are underspeced for their price.

It's not a matter of opinion. This is fact.

Goodperson5656 1 point 1 month ago

Well, people who know less about tech may think otherwise.

ImperiousBattlestar 2 points 1 month ago

Depends on the programs you use (you could make the jump to Windows, but if some of the software you use doesn’t behave well with it/can’t be used and vice verse)

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Why not get the best of both worlds? Look into a hacintosh, and try to find a laptop with an AMD GPU and intel CPU.

eesti 1 point 1 month ago

like that's even possible