• No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ZedSamCat 1 month ago

Title says it all

Comments Sorted by:

eesti 8 points 1 month ago

If you look on the forum, you'll probably see me, so I guess I'm famous in my own right

ZedSamCat submitter 1 point 1 month ago

lmao fair enough

Bartholemew 3 points 1 month ago

I'm related to Adam and Eve. On a more serious note, my family on my mother's side can be traced back to Guy Fawkes.

ZedSamCat submitter 3 points 1 month ago

Wow, im also related to those two, hi very, very,very, very, very, very, very distant cousin!

Bartholemew 1 point 1 month ago

:)

Yeet

MichelWeber 1 point 1 month ago

That means I'm related to you.

Bartholemew 3 points 1 month ago

Alabama intensifies

IForgotMyPassword 2 points 1 month ago

I have this massive 4" binder chocked full of well-organized pages of my family tree. My great uncle on my mother's side started compiling it in the '60s with information he gathered from censuses, tax forms, and other publically available documents. With the advent of the World Wide Web (happy 30th birthday, by the way), he was able to trace those peoples' ancestries... And I don't really know how he did it; he passed away nine years ago, so I guess I'll never find out.

Anyway, according to this hulking monstrosity of information, I can trace my lineage to the Charlemagne and about a thousand dukes, duchesses, and dunces in Ye Olde Europe. The funny thing is that I have absolutely ZERO information from my father's side (and he's Vietnamese), so it could easily be a whole lot more. Maybe Genghis, that promiscuous, old *******...

Of course, if you trace anyone's family tree up to a certain point, you'll eventually find out they're related to nearly every famous person alive today, just a few thousand times removed. I just have the documentation to prove it.

Nice!

aud10_fr3ak 1 point 1 month ago

i'm supposedly descended from an emperor of china. i forgot which one.

definitely not genghis khan though.

YoungTechnician 2 points 1 month ago

I'm related to a millionaire. Doesn't know if that counts. Also, the treasurer of SCCA Colorado (Sports Car Club of America) is my grandpa.

Nice

Synchro 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

I feel so bad because I can't remember her name

But someone of which I don't remember our relation has been in quite a few Native American movies. I'll figure that out and get back to you. Not like famous famous, but well known

MichelWeber 1 point 1 month ago

No.

But I've often thought that someday I'll see someone I know on the news - but then thought about the news people - they are not necessarily famous, but many people will see/know them - depending on local vs. national like CNN or FOX news. So each time Brooke Baldwin or Sam Shepard are on, someone who went to college, or HS or even grade school with them are seeing them on TV/Cable and saying - "Hey, I went to school with him/her! S/He was in my political science class (or we did PE together or whatever)". I bet that happens at the local news level as well. Or even game show hosts - they all went to school (well, at least I think so) and I bet there are people who watch and recognize them. That never happened for me.

Sorry - kind of going on a bit of tangent here.

floridaboz 4 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Nope, no fame in my tree

ZedSamCat submitter 2 points 1 month ago

Rip

IamNotGoodWithUsernames 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Both Barack Obama and Donald Trump are my distant cousins.

Same thing with you OP.

Boi

ZFGeek 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Actually, I am. In Pittsburgh, PA, there was a group of rich people a while back who were good friends. Two of these men included Carnagie(I think I spelled that right) and Phipps. Turns out I am related to the Phipps, so I have a rich uncle many times removed. He actually started Phipps Conservatory, which is still in Pittsburgh. I wonder where all of the money went... :D

Cool

firedrakes 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

oddly in cosplay circle am famous for 2 outfits now family itself i have some cool relatives. like a rum runner in probation times a made man that had to go to Italy for a while last was one that was in the Pacific theater of ww2 and lost all his squad but for him and 2 others. they where fighting with but of their hand guns and a knife.

Nullarc77 4 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Closest I come is that my Great-great-great-grandfather received the Medal of Honor for His efforts during the Boxer Rebellion. And my Great-Grandfather was Chesty Puller's Gunny in the Korean war.

Cool

BobTheBuilder66970 1 point 1 month ago

My uncle's wife in related to steve jobs. (No joke, it is kind of cool)

WOW!

Nater650 1 point 29 days ago

People often mistake me IRL for the person of the same name in the book of Genesis that was told by God to build a boat to survive a 40 day long flood that covered the entire earth, does that count?

[comment deleted by staff]

COOL