add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

have any stupid theories?

Hippo_Fart_HamburgerYT

2 months ago

Have you ever had a dumb theory? Well i want to hear as many as i can! theories can range anywhere to why you were bullied to why life is a simulation and how everyone you know is just a string of 0s and 1s. Anything your brain can conjure up.

All i ask is that you keep it appropriate.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 19 points

have any stupid theories?

Yes.

"Vaccines cause autism"

• 2 months ago
  • 5 points

punches WirelessCables as hard as possible

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 12 points

Well i want to hear as many as i can!

r/AlexJones

• 2 months ago
  • 10 points

Dinosaur bones are the remains of space alien picnics.

• 2 months ago
  • 9 points

The world is flat.

******* idiots! Everyone knows that the world is shaped like an inflatable dinosaur pool floaty.

• 2 months ago
  • 5 points

Here's one of mine: The flat earth conspiracy theory is just controlled opposition, to make the conspiracies that are true look bad. Change my mind.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

So it's not a donut?

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

No, I'm a donut.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

hell no. Its a donut

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The hell it is, it's an inflatable dinosaur and you know it.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Feelings dont care about your facts. Its a ****** bent cylinder my guy

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Inb4 they kidnap you, put a bag over your head, and you hear, "Take him to the edge!"

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 7 points

The Karma Store "truthers."

• 2 months ago
  • 9 points

Karma Store isn't a theory. Its a scientific law.

• 2 months ago
  • 6 points

The Karma Store truthers reject all reality.

• 2 months ago
  • 6 points

Then so be it. You can't deny the Karma store though. There are multiple people on this site to back me up. Just like Gork bucks are a thing. You can't argue it. It is just there, and there is nothing you can do about it.

• 2 months ago
  • 7 points

Lol.

The conspiracy theorists are those rejecting the obvious existence of the karma store. I see you're not familiar with the use of * "truthers."

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

oh, darn it, now I feel like an idiot. Well, at least the PCPP world knows what I think, anyways. Sorry about that. I just realized I was pretty aggressive. I've heard that word used in the wrong way.

At least my first comment made sense.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

They ARE all reality

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If you just said Karma Store deniers, you would've saved people a lot of confusion, but yeah, people should know they're the same thing.

• 2 months ago
  • 7 points

I thought that I was the only person in this world that actually had a life. Kind of hard to explain. But I thought that this whole world is just for me, like I am the only person getting tested and that everybody else was my obstacle.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

So sort of Truman Show-esque?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

*was

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably like your example but I actually thought that for like a good 4 months.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Solipsism is pretty interesting, though.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i think everybody has thought that

• 2 months ago
  • 7 points

"The cake is a lie."

I mean, c'mon. There HAS to be cake. Right?

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

You saw it at the end but all of Glados's robot buddies were there

• 2 months ago
  • 6 points

Hold up. What if Chancellor Palpatine was also Darth Sidious?

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

It's not a story the Jedi would tell you

Edit: This is a badly executed pun and I can already tell it won't go over well. Execute Order 66.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest Chancellor.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

The Senate will decide your fate.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

I AM The Senate.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Not yet.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Wait, what if Leia and Luke were siblings separated at birth to hide the truth from their father who was a Jedi but became a Sith causing his children Leia and Luke to be separated at birth because their father had become a Sith

• 2 months ago
  • 5 points

Jfks head just did that

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Wrong. Chuck Norris jumped in front of JFK. the bullet bounced of Chuck's beard. But JFK was so amazed at what he saw that his head exploded.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Too soon.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

It was in 1393

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

WARNING: stupid incredibly ridiculous religious theory incoming

God farting into a lit match he pulled out of his pockets created the universe*

The theory originally had King David, but later I abandoned it after I realized he wasn’t created yet*

*Source: I was bored out of my mind while on a camping trip while in Boy Scouts

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well I mean this just begs the question... what kind of pants does God wear?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Idk

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

God farting into a lit match he pulled out of his pockets created the universe

Interesting family guy reference...

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Said space aliens flew all the way here to build pyramids, (sand castles). The question I have is "if they have the technology to get here, why do they have to physically probe earth lifeforms?" Don't they have Tricorders or whatever?

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Waluigi is Thanos

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Are you assuming that is a "stupid theory"?

Now this is personal...

Wanna go tuf guy? I got my cAPSlOCK in auto and my grammer set to da max!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

its a stupidly awesome theory edit: think about it, Thanos is purple, and Waluigi wears purple, that can't be coincidence

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Look, waluigi is Thanos, after he shaves scrumptious hairs of his sleek smooth skin, if you people can't handle the truth then go to walmart and buy a $300 pre built PC.

If you insult my superior intelligence again im gonna tell my mom who works for youtube to have your whole account deominitized.

and tell her how great last years rewind was

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Microwaves, AirPods, other wireless headsets, WiFi, Xrays, and smartphones give you cancer. If that actually happened, we’d be dead. You literally need to have thousands of X-rays done on you to get cancer from what I was told by my parents. The only way to get cancer from microwaves is if the radiation somehow manages to escape, which is unlikely if your microwave is in a good condition. Smartphones give off a negligible amount of radiation, which needs to be ridiculously close to your ear 24/7 to feel anything.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You should go to a township meeting when they do not want a cell tower built their in their backyard. And everyone in the building has a cell phone lol. And a cell antenna puts out 8w 200 foot away, a microwave in all their kichens put out 1,000w 2 foot away.

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Does not matter that much, mhz and ghz frequencies can cause heat, its the wattage you are exposed to.

However there is a difference here in xrays. The can cause cell mutations and cancer in great enough amounts, though its found some higher reasonable rates actually helped people. While radio frequencies tend to heat tissue, that can cause eyes to cloud and joints to cook, etc., usually places with low blood flow to carry heat away. Somewhere there is a study on people that lived in a building with radioactive plaster or drywall.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

The government is putting chemicals in the water and it's turning the friggin frogs gay.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Deadpool has no mouth, katanas coming out of his wrists, and these stupid tattoos all over him.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

noise cancer

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Nothing is everything. If you think about it, if you have nothing, that is everything you have to you. Also, if there was nothing in the universe, that would be everything in the universe.. Therefore, nothing is everything.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

I see ZFGeek found some acid.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

:O TBH i thought this would be full of dumb stuff like "earth is a bowl how else would it hold the water" but that was actually thought provoking.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Nothing is everything. If you think about it, if you have nothing, that is everything you have to you. Also, if there was nothing in the universe, that would be everything in the universe.. Therefore, nothing is everything.

Seems like a special case. All that's been demonstrated is that "nothing" refers to the same subset as "everything" in the case of a null set. This is insufficient to say nothing is everything in the general case.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Ok, this theory is solely in the perspective if the person. For example, some people have lots of friends, but say they have none. to that person they don't have any, as they fail tor realize they do have some. I guess my reasoning isn't really a theory, its a mindset or point of view.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

"A true zen saying, nothing is what I want" - Frank Zappa

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

That for thousands or hundreds of thousands of years, humans lived in ignorance, squalor, suffering, and sin. Then with a couple thousand years left to go, god decided to intervene by appearing to the illiterate masses in the desert and doing party tricks, curing some diseases one at a time, cursing a tree because he was hangry, and then... engineering his own torture-murder.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Alabama wants to know your location

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

That's kind of offensive, I hope that was not your intention?

Billions of people are Christians and you just essentially called them all stupid.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

Does it really matter if it was offensive or not? The thread was to post stupid theories, which this pretty clearly is.

• 1 month ago
  • -1 points

Would it be less offensive if there were only millions instead of billions?

I don't care how many people believe in stupid theories, they're still stupid theories. I know it's offensive to read, but you can't argue that it's not a stupid theory.

• 1 month ago
  • 5 points

It's not offensive to disagree with a belief system. Discuss the thing, the belief, whatever. Just don't insult people here. Wanna call people stupid or idiots for disagreeing with your beliefs? Take it to reddit.

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

Wanna call people stupid or idiots for disagreeing with your beliefs? Take it to reddit.

PCPP: 1. Reddit: 0.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

I didn't call anyone stupid though.

Nobody wants to take up the actual topic of what I said, because it's a blatantly stupid premise. So instead everyone is going to pretend I called specific people stupid.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Yah, I always wonder what god gets out of "faith" and worship myself. Kind of seems beneath him given the modern perception of god being omnipotent and omniscient. And he would know what a mess faith, schisms, opposing and competing beliefs and how human beings operate would be. So this is what he intended?

I could make the argument that the system is a mess in order to see who lines up for BS no matter how obvious, and who says "strange game, the only winning move is not to play."

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If you look at religion's history you see a lot of societal rules, in fact they copy each other a lot. That always makes me think there was more to it than a God. Some really smart people worked on it at the time, few of them got rich, so what was the reasoning behind that. Given that was a tough time when many places had no government or poor governments, even so why would they bother. Or maybe they were actually just trying to help people, or make a better place to live. I don't have time to dig into it.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh it's multi-faceted issue to be sure. Some of it deals with trying to understand and explain the natural world and feeling like you have some influence over it. IE why did it rain last year and there's drought this year, and what can we do about it? Well maybe if we worship Baal, like I've been saying this whole time, things will get better. And things would get better sometimes, all praise Baal. And when things get bad, Baal is displeased because we've failed him, and whose fault is that, it's your fault. We get right with Baal, things will be OK again. And when things get good again, Baal has been appeased, all praise Baal. If you feel like you can manage Baal's moods and influence his will through certain behaviors and Baal is the ultimate source of prosperity or calamity, then you feel like you might have some control over the world.

And social rules get wrapped up into those things, because what makes Baal happy? Civil society? Human sacrifice? Animal sacrifice? Smiting unbelievers? It's all man made anyway. Sometimes the things are obvious, I mean it's easy for laws against murder and theft to be fairly universal, because in general people don't want to robbed and killed. But a lot of things don't really need religion, they just become part of religion because religion ends up touching all aspects of your life depending on how important it is to you or your culture.

Certainly politicians and ruling classes have used religion and religious rules to their benefit, or twisted and shaped religion to better suit them and their needs. I'm well aware how people use religious beliefs to manipulate others at every level. There's lots of ways someone, a peer, with no authority or standing over you can control you with religion. If so-and-so tells you to do something, or thinks you should do something, you're free to ignore them. But if they can wrap those same arguments in a cloak of religious authority, all of a sudden they've got power over others. And consciously or unconsciously some people realize that or just do it intuitively. IE I don't think you should listen to Black Sabbath, but who cares what I think? But if I can make halfway decent argument about what Jesus (or our version of him) thinks of Black Sabbath, if you're a believer that's a bit harder to dismiss. It gives otherwise small and insignificant people power over your life or aspects of it, and some folks like nothing better than to wield that power, because it's all they have.

I always liked the saying. "Cults are BS. There's one dude who made it up, and he knows it's BS. In a religion, that dude is dead."

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There is no doubt that imperfect people run religion and yes they do things sometimes, or wrote things into the books. I think if you have half a brain you should recognize if it has your best interest in mind or not, but there are always a few people looking to blindly follow something and always someone there to take advantage. Kind of like those repressed child abuse memories that went around years back. But people are smarter today in general, that helps. Though sometimes it seems like certain politicians would like to have a religion named after them lol.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

But people are smarter today in general, that helps.

I wouldn't say this is the case. I think people have more information available today, and not all of them take advantage of it.

One thing I heard when I first got involved in skepticism is that, "Smart people can believe stupid things because they're so smart. And they're really good at defending their stupid beliefs because they're smart." Being smart won't save you all the time, understanding how fallible human beings are, what our weaknesses are, how we can be fooled, or how we fool ourselves does help a lot though. But even then our ability at compartmentalization, cognitive dissonance, and self-deception can still trip anyone up if they're not careful.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely a stupid theory.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I suspect there is an ultra secret global agency that controls and decides how the world works. Something like an Umbrella Corporation. These people decide what diseases should be erradicated and which ones shouldn’t. Maybe there’s already a solution for cancer, but every time someone comes up with a solution, they are silently dispatched to Hades.

Money is king, and governments, hospitals and pharmaceuticals would not let anybody destroy such a huge industry.

I’m not paranoid about it, I don’t even think about it on a regular basis. But somehow I have always suspected that some politicians, the ONU and some military agencies are covering a lot of underworld stuff. I truly believe technology and science to be more advanced than we really know, And I truly believe that a lot of tech from sci-fi movies and books are doable IRL. Not crazy stuff, just general futuristic stuff. For example the serums used in the DIVERGENT book series by Veronica Roth should be realistically possible to make IRL.

As doctor House would say: everybody lies.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

If somebody invented a cure for cancer, why wouldn't pharma companies be selling it for thousands of dollars? If a cure has been developed but it's been kept secret from everyone, that's leaving a lot of profit on the table...

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Nah, they make the big bucks with radiation and chemoteraphy. If less people were sick with cancer because of the cure, or if no one could afford this thousand dollar drug, then there is no profit.

Anyways, cancer is not a disease. It is not possible to just create a cure. Cancer is a mutation of the cells and therefore the only solution is to find a way to prevent those mutations from happening. But it should be something permanent, because chemo and radiation don't always make it go away.

Prevent, not cure.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Come on, remember when voice recognition was going to put all the secretaries out of a job : ) Computers were going to make paperless offices, blah blah blah. Now the self driving cars that keep killing people are going to put all truck drivers out of business. However I don't doubt that sort of stuff goes on here and there.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

The "Florida man" challenge was just a way for google to learn everyone's birthdays.

Hundreds of thousands of people told google their birthday by preceding it with "Florida man"... imagine what they could do with this information about us!

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I have a theory that Zero killed the original Mega Man, which is one of the reasons why X was built and looks similar to the original Mega Man. Not only as a next step in self-aware machines, but as a replacement for the robot that was destroyed.

Based on how Zero was discovered by X and Sigma, I imagine Mega Man went to stop yet another robot master Dr. Wily had built, but was unable to defeat Zero so as a last ditch effort to contain Zero trapped them both and Zero destroyed Mega Man and remained contained until uncovered decades later. Or optionally unable to defeat Zero, being crippled, dying, or just desperate, Mega Man sacrificed himself to trap Zero. So maybe Zero didn't land the killing blow per se. But the version I prefer in my imagination is Mega Man quickly determines he can't stop Zero so elects to trap them both and is still relatively unscathed after doing so, but Zero is determined to destroy him so they fight and Mega Man puts up the best fight he can but is eventually worn down and destroyed by a superior robot that is Zero.

I prefer this scenario because it's clear that X and other reploids are supposed to be vastly superior to the robots of the Mega Man generation. And Zero is presented as such a badass in the X games, you'd kind of want it clear that he had no equal for decades, seeing as how he's able to keep pace with modern reploids without too much issue. And in a way it reaffirms the threat Dr. Wiley legitimately did pose in the original games, sure he was beaten in a bunch of them, and maybe came close a couple of times. But it would really increase his stock if his robot beat Dr. Light's even if his plans otherwise didn't result in the victory he wanted.

It's just a theory because there's no official story or explanation of what became of the original Mega Man, he's not mentioned in the X games either historically or by Dr. Light's various holograms.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I have had a theory for a while about traffic. How the HELL is there always traffic when the driver in the front can simply KEEP DRIVING FORWARD?! Like, why the hell are they slowing down, especially on the highway?

Well, for some reason, I began to think, out of boredom, that those drivers in the front and slowing down are possibly doing so deliberately because they work for the government and they want to keep us controlled this way. Why or what for? I dunno. Just a thought.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

yo dude I think you've just found the world's biggest secret :O

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

If I die, it was MURDER! Everyone must know the truth! It will set you free! #JuliusCaesarCreatedTheInternet

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Birds are government drones, therefore penguins are fish.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Albert Einstein was actually a highly advanced alien sent to earth by others of his race to bestow upon us just a little bit of his eternal knowledge. Just think about it Einstein looked different compared to anyone else at that time, and he acted stranger than other adults. Don't even get me started on Stephen Hawking.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

So, he actually was acting dumb on earth according to his kind, but according to humans he is a genius...

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

you get it

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

so if man made robots dont have free will (according to furteama) then if thay commit a killing or somthing like that does that mean that spific person does not theroticly have free will because the robot is eventually going to do that action that will end that persons life so thius that person does not have a free will there life will end in 1 way and 1 way only

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I am the only human, while everybody else are high tech robots with organs, or I am a science experiment in a simulation.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube