add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need of a new Laptop

IamNotGoodWithUsernames

10 months ago

I need a casual laptop that can surf the web, especially run 10+ chrome/firefox tabs / stream video and possibly some on the go light gaming.

Price : under $900 no more

Some things i am looking for ;

• 8GB ram minimum, no less and more is fine.

• SSD, or an option to add an SSD along with the HDD included ( although if it has no SSD than the max budget is 800 )

• Decent battery life ( 3 - 4 hours without charge under a decent workload )

• Quad Core, whilst this wont be a killer, i will not want to spend alot of money on extremely limiting hardware.

• Good cooling, or at least good enough cooling so i dont have to worry about 1. burning my lap and 2. thermal throtting.

Some things i prefer but not as much as stated above or "nice to haves but not a necessity "

• Quiet fan(s)

• As little bloatware ( garbage ) as possible

• No HDD

• Not a "gamery" look

• Slim Bezels

• Dedicated GPU

Am willing to compromise on most of whats listed above.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good but i cant find much research on this specific model, i will keep it in mind however as its specs are promising.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

What about a Dell G3? If you move up to the $900 model, you get an i7-8750H, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 1050ti. For storage, a 128GB NVME + 1TB HDD.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Dont know, it seems to have a thermal throttling issue and im not the biggest fan of the blue LED lights. Plus a 128GB NVME? Paired with a 5400RPM HDD? I would rather have a 120GB Sata SSD and a 7200RPM HDD. Feels a little bit to " gamery " for me but since its not overkill it probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

But the price to performance is great and a gtx 1050ti GPU foe less than $1000 in a laptop is hard to come by.

Between this and the Vivobook that ImperiousBattlestar mentioned im leaning towards his suggestion at the moment.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube