add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lets Discuss : Pewdiepie

The largest youtuber by still a large margin and the largest youtube channel ( unless you include youtube hashtag channels, such as #gaming or #music ) A man who has polarized the internet at large since he gained notoriety, some love him, some hate him some fall in the middle.

-

What is your opinion of Pewdiepie? What is your experience with Pewdiepie? Do you agree with his "newer content"? His "older Content"? How do you think most people feel about Pewdiepie? Why?

-

The following are my answers to the questions listed above

• My opinion? Decent, i think he makes good content but sometimes it becomes too tiring to watch.

• My experience? When i was 13 i hated him because i thought it made me look cool, oh boy how gullible i was. But grew to like his content over time.

• His newer content? I like his content and i occasionally watch his vids but they're too "meh" to watch on a daily basis

• Older content? Important milestone in the history of the internet, but i still dont find his gaming content that enjoyable to this day.

• How most people see him? People either like his content or hate his content with very few people falling in the middle.

• Why? A combination of his popularity and how's hes portrayed in the media.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 5 points

HEEEEEEEE LOOOOST!!

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, yeah.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Na, he is now the most subscribed youtuber for the third time and he's still winning

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

He's currently behind 21,000 subs

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that good or bad

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

Bad

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

I started watching him 3-4 years ago. He was still doing some gaming and I quite liked it, but you could tell he was getting bored. He started to make more videos where he just talked about things and I remember one video where he just outright stated he didn’t really want to do gaming anymore and how he wished he had done more interesting things in his childhood, such as reading and playing an instrument.

Now this coming from the person who probably had the best experiences playing with video games and no real reason to denounce them was incredibly profound to me. So, I took the message and just decided to chose a few classes I hadn’t really considered before like Art History, Programming, Outdoor Education, Geography, and even IT. Turns out Geography, Art History, and especially IT are things I enjoy. In fact, it was my great IT class and teacher that got me into computers. Though, Programming was sort of a bust in terms of the class. I got a horrific teacher so I have to try learning it myself in my free time.

Outdoor Education was real weird. For the first 1/3 of the year we did stuff that was mostly a waste of time and then I guess the teacher gave up because they literally did not care what we did all of class and gave us no homework, lessons, etc. So, like nearly anyone of my generation would have done, I looked at memes. That’s it. For an hour a day, nearly everyday, every week, for somewhere over half a year. Quite a great experience really. This also laid the ground work for my immersion in memes which was only amplified when PewDiePie picked up and created Meme Review. It was great because I loved memes, deeply enjoyed watching PewDiePie, and was glad he was happy.

Really, I’ve always at least moderately liked his content. There’s even a reasonable case to be made that he was one of the single largest influences on my early High School life and the man who led me to the world of PCs and this forum. I don’t really understand why people hate his content; he’s a nice guy and, for the record, he isn’t some sort of racist or a Nazi.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Good for you man, glad to hear that Pewdiepie helped you improve the quality of your life instead of just playing games all day. Hopefully Pewdiepie continues to increase your quality of life well into the future.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, thanks. It’s a bit of an oddball story. I wasn’t sure how people would react.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

He's like "Kylie Jenner for boys."

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

The same person that we thought was dead and was mistakenly banned from Roblox due to something to do with his username? Oh yeah, I remember that person, sort of

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Boutta lose some karma but I think new Pewdiepie is unfunny and annoying. I also think the 6 month old "Pewdiepie vs T-Series" meme is unfunny as well. I really do not get how people can go on with the same joke for months and months. His older content is even more annoying than his new stuff. I think hes an alright guy but the way he popularizes certain jokes and memes enabling his mainstream fanbase to just DESTROY good jokes and memes is what i dislike about him mainly

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Didn't know vox didn't like pewdiepie. Still a nice chuckle.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't watch him. I basically just subscribed for obvious reasons.

Seems like a nice guy though.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Never seen any of their videos. Heard mention of them, like this post, but that's it.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure to subscribe, he’s fighting off T-series who are actively suing sub bots to boost their sub count ahead, and using this idea of Indian nationality to promote their music when in reality it’s just a small(ish) content creator trying to fight off a whole company.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to love him years ago when he played games like Amnesia, and screamed barrels every 3 seconds. Or just any variety or horror game, or even random crap like Happy Wheels.

I stopped watching him because he honestly doesn't seem funny to me anymore. It almost feels like he's trying too hard. But either way, I'm glad he's still on top and other people are enjoying his stuff. But he's not for me anymore.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

It almost feels like he's trying too hard

I can see where you're coming from and i think it comes from the fact is trying to change his content to fit with the modern times.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never watched his content; the 'Sub to Pewdiepie' scammers ruined it for me. Did I make a wrong choice? Maybe. But, you can't miss what you've never had(or seen).

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

There was definitely alot of spam and childish memes during the whole "pewdiepie vs t-series" situation and it did work heavily into pewdiepies favor. Which to ( some ) it did come off as nothing but a marketing scheme.

Although i genuinely think thats not the case, but thats just an opinion.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

At this point it is safe to assume T-Series has beaten Pewdiepie in sub count, while i respected the whole "pewdiepie vs t-series war" we all knew this would eventually happen.

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

Obligatory T-gay comment

• 8 months ago
  • -1 points

T-gay will soon replace the "f" posts

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Comments like this will not be tolerated on our site, reference or not.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry ThoughtA. Won't happen again. <3

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube