add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best 2080TI?

Booler324

4 months ago

I'm planning my first build with a 9900k and a RTX 2080 TI, My only problem is I'm not sure which card to go with, I'm currently planning on getting this one and vertically mounting it to show off them noice lights but I wanna be sure I'm getting my moneys worth, also I'm not sure if vertically mounting a card will be the best choice performance wise. I've seen some reviews on the card and it seems pretty good in terms of performance and is probably the best looking card in the market right now, but I would rather go with something that performs a lot better then something that looks amazing.

If theirs a way better 2080 TI out there that you think I should get please let me know.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a okay model. With 2080Ti's the higher end models from each of the partners are all fairly solid. Coolers help to keep boost clock's consistent (why water can be nice and exotic more so!) and the actual performance will vary thanks to silicon lottery. (can get very good OC'ers or not so great)

Other reviews tend to show the cooler as being okay rather then amazing and seemingly more bling focused So depends who's numbers you want to go with. Money's worth, not really applicable with the high end models, your paying a premium for it being a 2080Ti in general then a second premium for it being the sort of "flagship" and having the bling performance wise it will not be leaps and bounds ahead of say the Gaming OC from Gigabyte themselves a solid cooler which will work to keep boost clock speeds not too far off in reality: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/TgNv6h/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-11gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n208twf3oc-11gc which is $250 cheaper

In regards to vertical mounting, do ensure you have breathing room otherwise will be starving the card for air which makes it all moot as you will be having it run hotter = reduce boost = reduce performance.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, I might go with this one then if its cheaper and has better performance, also I'm planning on using the Meshify C and I'm not sure I will not have enough space to vertically mount the AORUS XTREME. I would probably stick with the other card if the Meshify C was big enough because I think it would look incredible especially with the tinted glass but since the case is so small I don't think it's feasible. What do you think some of MSI's cards? I hear they're top tier in terms of performance and they also look pretty A okay.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

That one does not necessarily have better performance. Rather I am trying to point out the fact with a solid cooler, you can extract most of the performance anyways with boost 3.0 pushing past box specs anyways. So was in reference to your point around "money's worth".

In regards to vertical mounting, with these bigger cards, could make more sense to get a separate bracket and push the GPU into the case further to allow more air. Good example is this build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/9mHhP6

MSI, like Gigabyte / Aorus, EVGA etc all have a reasonable solid range of models. MSI does indeed have some nice 2080Ti's however once again, performance will be broadly similar with most these 2080Ti's with solid coolers or performance will usually be all within the sameball park.

So TL:DR not saying do not go for the AORUS, just be aware your paying a premium (like most high end models in the same stack) for some additional bling and while there may be some small performance gain compared to a more entry level open air cooler, usually its only a couple of %. If you do go for the Aorus, If you do, I would look into a separate vertical GPU mount solution to push the GPU further into the case to further the GPU from the glass however, An AIO model is another option, but they are usually amongst the most expensive, but does mean the placement of the GPU mount is not as much of an issue (more so where it is a total AIO solution like Aorus Waterforce model)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If your PC can handle mounting for the cooler I would go with the AORUS 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE.

I'm planning a GPU upgrade for Cyberpunk 2077 from a pair of 980TI's in SLI with this and a new case like a Meshify C or S2 and EVGA CLC 280 cooler for my 9900k.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

I have this Gigabyte AORUS 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE Water Block. Cost a few bucks, but now I can game at 4K with over 60 FPS for the first time (was 1080 GPU)

gaming at 1080 resolution: temps 39C to 45C FPS, all the way up to 950 FPS :)

gaming at 4K resolution: temps 41-47C at most, FPS 60-+100 (defending on game)

EK 360 kit water loop with both CPU and GPU.

*3DMark Ultra stress test, never over 44-45C during testing

If you want cold gaming, this is the video card :)

edit: gaming, this card out of the box is 2040 Mhz, comes OC to 1770.....one other card user is getting the same clock speed that I am seeing

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

K|NGP|N :)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you get any flagship model, that should be the top end as far as performance for 2080 Ti cards. I think Aorus Extreme is Gigabyte's top of the line card. MSI has the Lightning Z but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere in the USA. EVGA will release the Kingpin soon, and from what I've heard (watch Gamers Nexus video where buildzoid reviews the PCB - spoiler: he calls it the perfect 2080 Ti), it's the best, but at least in the USA, it's going to cost upwards of $1900 (I got a link from EVGA and it has the price). ASUS is supposed to have the Matrix but I haven't seen that one for sale anywhere. Otherwise, I guess the Galax 2080 Ti are the best (they hold many of the top benchmark scores), but I think they are pretty impossible to find.

I personally have the EVGA FTW3 Ultra which, for me, was a really great purchase at $1349 (no tax). I'd love the Kingpin, but an extra $550 for what, 10% more performance? I'd rather spend that money on upgrading my brother's video card. Anyway, I wouldn't really stress out about which one to get. You can overclock whichever version you get, and anyway it's all about silicon lottery. So really, just buy whichever one looks coolest for you.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, I love my EVGA FTW3 2080ti. I paid $1379 and shortly after that they shot up to $1499. I use the stock fan curve cause I like my PC to be as quiet as possible. Haven't seen temps above 62c and for a non liquid cooled GPU that seems to be a pretty low temperature, zero complaints from me

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube