add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheapest RTX 2080 lead to regret?

tpsreports

4 months ago

I decided on the RTX 2080 and now I have to decide which one to buy. I am inclined to buy the cheapest one for $699: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 VENTUS 8G

Of course buying the cheapest option of an expensive product is usually not wise.

If I don't care about noise or playing every game at absolute max, would I regret buying this card as opposed to an EVGA or something for $40-100 more?

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tpsreports/saved/tDk4qs

Thanks

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

"Of course buying the cheapest option of an expensive product is usually not wise."

Not true. Performance all about the same, warranty also same. only if aesthetic of the card is important to you. MSI's Gaming X series are very pretty cards, but you also pay more.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, no need to worry. Lower versus higher = question of aesthetics, cooling, overclocking. At silicon level, the lower end card will differ little with the higher end models.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube