add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So my spacebar on my computer is not working

floridaboz

1 month ago

i will be honest it is a strange feeling. i had to map my keyboard to another key. You is shocking how much you use your keyboard

i was going to write my topic like this, but i felt that would be messed up.

So.my.spacebar.on.my.computer.is.not.working.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 12 points

It must've spaced out. Tap it gently a few times, let it know that you still have control.

• 1 month ago
  • 5 points

Ctrl

FTFY

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

Congratulations, you found the pun.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

What pun?

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

no

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

It's treason, then.

Escape is out of reach.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

not if you have long fingers!

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

i agree with zedsamcatgaa

i can comfortably hit escape without leaving home row (asdfghjkl;)

typing using escape would still be a pain as you would have to change the way you type.

• 1 month ago
  • 7 points

Percussive Maintenance Required.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

i already attempted that...

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points
  • 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Well, that's the extent of my caveman troubleshooting.

If you are confident with disassembling your keyboard you could check the contacts on the switch to see if they've went bad. Other than that, it could be the internals of the switch itself. Do you have mechanical or membrane/dome switches?

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Well if he was considering getting a new keyboard and his current one is not under warranty/he doesn't plant to keep it there is nothing to lose. I'd say give it a shot fixing the switch.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I'm pretty sure even if it is under warranty you can open it up to see what's wrong. At least, in the US I'm pretty sure there are laws in place to allow for repairing your own devices.

• 1 month ago
  • 6 points

Iwasexpectingthisposttoobewritteninthisfashion.Gladyoufoundanotherway,howeverIamnotsurehowtohelpyou.Bestofluck!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

well, it looks like i will have to get a new one, or hopefully can get the switch to work again

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Ha ha you are so right. I had one go bad years ago I ended up breaking it in half just to see what was in there, and so nobody would use it again. Then thought hey I have 6(?) years on it why am I complaining? After that I kept old keyboards or bought on sales so I have spares. That said I usually get more years than that.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Thatsucks

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

iknowright?

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

lol!itkindoffeelsfunnytowritelikethis.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

AhHaHAAThatshawtthatsHaWt

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Macbook? lol

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

no G910 orion

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Ah. Is it under warranty?

I guessed Macbook because their new butterfly switches are garbage and fail pretty frequently.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i have had it for a while , i really dont think so. i will get one sooner or later, i remapped my left alt key to my space bar, till i could . it is strange, but i am getting use to it. kind of.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Good to see you found a suitable alternate key.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the alt key is my favorite ALTernate key

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well, it did not make it, i tried a few fixes, but no go. Rest in peace G910 keyboard. I have to use a cheap keyboard until i can get a new one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube