add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Converting Cookies

Captaincow285
  • 10 months ago

I've got a box of stale chocolate chip cookies in my kitchen, and I need to get rid of them. I'm hoping to repurpose them rather than simply trash them. Is there a dish or baked food that can make use of stale cookies?

Tragik? I need you.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 11 points

smash em and use them as the base/crust for a pie

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Ooooh! Apple pie. We've got some rather old apples too!

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

This is what I was going to suggest. Not sure I would recommend going with the old apples, though. Might be best just to turn those to hooch. lol

Conversely, if you'd like to "unstale" your cookies, you can boil water in a cup and then place it under a bowl with the cookies for a few minutes. It will steam the cookies and rehydrate them.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm very curious how this will turn out grabs stale popcorn

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Stale popcorn is actually amazing.

I have no idea why....

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Oof big disagree here. Used to work at a movie theatre and nothing is worse than stale *** popcorn! XD

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't actually like stale popcorn ofc, I was just sticking to the theme

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Stale popcorn mixed with cookies doesn't sound good to me.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

How 'bout some stale caramel to go with them?

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

How big are the cookies? If they're not real big you could line a bowl with them and fill it with "real" pudding. (The kind you cook) I make a vanilla/banana dessert using 'Nilla wafers for a "crust". I don't see why it wouldn't work using a different flavor. but the pudding needs to be hot when you pour it in, the mix, refrigerate, serve stuff doesn't work very well.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Food recipes always call for the freshest of ingredients. I wouldn't use them for making/cooking something else.

Just like when you deglaze a pan, use a wine that you are willing to drink.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Reduce, recycle, reuse.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I tried that with diapers when the kids were little - didn't work so well.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Never tried with cookies but you might bake them again. Maybe make brownies and put them under or in them, etc. Old potato chips and old bread make for great cooking items when you bake them.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

More good ideas!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube