add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water cooling a GTX 1660 ti ???

Pimphare

8 months ago

I know that there isn't any and probably will never be a full water block for these cards, but does anyone have some info about a universal water block that could possibly be used? In particular, I own a MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC. You can view the pcb here: https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/upload/pictures/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-Ventus-XS-6G-OC%2C-6GB-GDDR6%2C%28V375-032R%29-pcb.jpg

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see a reason why you should water cool this card, but to each their own.

You can probably jerry-rig a water block from a similar PCB layout, but I wouldn't recommend it as you can often run into issues where certain pieces are just a little bit different, but you can't tell until you have bought the product. The easiest way to water cool this card would be something like this that is supposed to be universal to the GPU, but can only be used with NZXT AIO's. You could also just grab an AIO and fit it to the card well enough and then slap a fan onto the VRM, VRAM, and other smaller parts to keep them cool.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube