add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bought Gigabyte GTX 1060 6 GB graphic card for Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2H motherboard (pc wont start)

buumbax

8 months ago

Hi,

Changed old graphic card for my nephew with new Gigabyte GTX 1060 6 GB one, but pc wont start. When it starts it shows only that BIOS picture(but cant load anything with f2;f8;f10 etc.) and wont boot to windows. Peeps one's and then shuts down.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2H PSU: 400W (seems it has to be enough)

I just ran out of ideas how to solve the problem.

TY

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

What is this 400w psu in question?

Also, did you uninstall the old drivers of your video card?

It's either the 400w using the OPP as it's getting overloaded from the gtx 1060 or the old drivers are incompatible and preventing from showing a display in windows.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Hmm, i don't think that should be related to the PSU.

I guess your board is just incompatible with that GPU.

That's a fairly old chip-set. (2011!)

Please check the manufacturer homepage for a BIOS update that may fix your problem :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Gigabyte-GA-H61M-DS2H/648

I see loads of gtx 1070s and 1060 benchmarks on that boards with some gtx 970 and rx 480/580.

I doubt it's the board that's causing the problem thou you are right that certain older boards lack a uefi bios to make the board work.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I doubt it's the board that's causing the problem thou you are right that certain older boards lack a UEFI bios to make the board work.

Well, it could be the case that this board has an incompatible bios for recent GPUs.

And actually, i just had the time to look at the BIOS of that particular board.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H61M-DS2H-rev-21#support-dl-bios

• <latest (BETA) Bios release>

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube