add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrade from rx580 for 1080p gaming

football0351802

4 months ago

Looking to upgrade my rx580. I game on a 1080p 144hz monitor, want something that can run AAA on Ultra 60+fps and esports Ultra 144fps. (Overwatch, R6S, Division 2, Metro Exodus for some examples) I was thinking a vega 56 or maybe rtx 2060? Is rtx any good and if not does it look promising? Around $500 USD budget.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Just get an RTX 2060, i currently use the 1070Ti and at 1440p 60hz i am very happy with it (came frrom a 1060 @ 1080p) and when i run it at 1080p (lolololl). The 2060 @ 1080p/144hz its super nice even more so cause its under YOUR $500 budget. But if the budget is burning a whole in your pocket there is also the 2070 for "around" that $500 mark.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Been thinking about it for a couple days. Think I'm going to wait to see what AMD has to offer. I've come to the conclusion that I just want a high end GPU and I want to be done with it for a few years. I was thinking about a used 1080ti, found a couple near the 500 ballpark range. But also not completely closed on 2080 ti, depending on the price. Thanks for the advise!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, f*&^ a 2080ti and 4k gaming as well, lol. (1440p /165hz) I was going off the notion from your post with $500 only but if your holding off then i would save a bit more and just get the 2080, have no regrets and never look back! :D

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Right on! It started with 500 but moved up pretty quickly lol I just want something I'll have for awhile, looking at the 980 that thing is still kicking 5 years later!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Check out these benchmarks (Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 benchmarks: faster than the GTX 1070), including RTX 2060, 2070, 2080, GTX 1070, Vega 64.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I would love to help but sadly I have no knowledge. This video by Tech Deals shows you the comparisons between different RTX 2060 cards. More fans mean better cooling and overclocking potential. Hope you get your answers.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks buddy, much appreciated.

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Would you sell your RX 580? and if so how much?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

At the moment I'm not exactly sure. I've really been teetering with selling my PC whole and upgrading. But with ryzen 3000 right around the corner I want to hold off a little while longer and see what happens with prices.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The Vega cards are getting stupidly cheap right now, if you're willing to deal with a fairly hot card & most likely a blower cooler. I'm seeing 56's for $240 & 64's for $300 currently. Personally, I ponied up the cash for a Strix 2060. RTX or not, it's a really nice card. Peak temps are around 62C & it's dead silent. I don't think RTX will be a worthwhile feature for a good while yet, though. It looks really nice on Exodus, but I could live without it. I upgraded from an RX 480 & couldn't be happier. Either way, 1440p gamers have a lot of options right now. Also, Navi is right around the corner, so that might be worth waiting for.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube