add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Portable Desktop for AutoCAD

nascarjjrp

4 months ago

Hi, I'm looking for a portable desktop that can fulfill AutoCAD's recommended system req's. No budget in particular, although I would like the price to be as low as you can make it, while still having reliable parts. The system req's are: CPU - 3 GHz min, preferably having SMT, GPU - 4GB VRAM, DX11, RAM - 16GB, DDR4, and if CPU is ryzen, something that will be compatible, like b-die & 3200 MHz, all other components are up to you. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Here's my stab at it, used the puget systems recommended quadro gpu but you can swap that out for a gaming gpu to save around a couple hundred bucks if you like.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Autodesk-AutoCAD-134/Hardware-Recommendations

Let me know if you have any questions :D

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $144.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450 GAMING-ITX/AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard $84.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $74.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial - MX500 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $35.95 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - Constellation ES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $39.99 @ Amazon
Video Card PNY - Quadro P2000 5 GB Video Card $423.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Cooler Master - Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case $41.84 @ Walmart
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $64.90 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $911.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-08 22:03 EDT-0400
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you define as portable? Max dimensions you have? Tower form preference?

I have a budget office build that I tweaked for you to match the requ's, but I'm unsure of what is needed for size.

Let me know what case sizes you have in mind and I'll put that in

EDIT In the meantime, I put together some tweaks for you. I took a look for the best portable case for you. This comes with a handle and lots of fan space, which is quite nice. And it has a decent look and focus on airflow (as it is a LAN focused gamer). For autoCAD, I used the i3 with 4GHz. This should run quite fine. I used a high quality company to keep this baby cool, while using a lower cost cooler for you. Should still remain at low noise. I have selected 3200 MHz RAM, with 16GB to ensure CAD runs as smooth as possible (lag when designing a particular finnicky item is the absolute worst). I selected an SSD for OS boot up and the program files to stored on. All files and projects can be saved to the HDD, the ol' reliable caviar blue. For graphics, I'm sure the 1050ti should be more than enough to match. I selected a few extra fans for you to either add to the case or replace the current ones with (there's been complaints that they are simply meh, not terrible, but not great). And of course, there is a gold rated PSU that should ensure it never gets anywhere close to max wattage.

If you have any concerns about it, let me know!

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

New day. and new ideas. This is a truly interesting build. I decided to up the processor to the i5. and the most badass of the i5's within reasonable budget. This bad boy goes up to 4.6GHz, and can be OC'd to 5 if needed. Fluid bearing cooler for reliable quiet cooling. New mobo with wifi to ensure your connected anywhere you go. Other than that, everything is the same.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $259.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler $84.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team - T-Force Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $73.99 @ Newegg
Storage Corsair - MP300 120 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $29.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $43.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB OC Edition Video Card $240.00 @ Amazon
Case Cooler Master - Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case -
Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $62.98 @ Newegg
Case Fan Rosewill - RWCB-1612 63.1 CFM 120 mm Fan $9.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Rosewill - RWCB-1612 63.1 CFM 120 mm Fan $9.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1015.39
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $995.39
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-09 07:33 EDT-0400
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

What you have in the build below is what I had considered portable... Either with a handle or mini ITX. Thanks

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube