add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Help on what upgrades would improve performance greater.

PhdHigh
  • 9 months ago

I have been upgrading my pc lately and currently have done the greater part of the upgrade. Now I am stuck on what would increase the performance the greatest out of what I have left to purchase. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PhdHigh/saved/z6tGGX I have strongly thought about getting a 500gb M.2 Drive to use as a boot and to put some of my open world and longer loading games. I currently use a 120gb Sandisk ssd as a boot. I have not dove into the M.2 world yet and have little knowledge of it. I also have a WD Blue 1tb HDD that I use for storage and games. Everything that I have purchased has been marked off on my part list. The case and AIO and fans are more for looks which would be my last purchases. I might be willing to save up for a rtx 2070 but they are still kinda expensive and my 1070 is still performing.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $192.59
CPU Cooler Scythe - Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler $47.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $139.50
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Purchased For $109.99
Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage ADATA - XPG SX6000 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $107.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case NZXT - H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case $150.00
Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $69.99
Case Fan NZXT - AER RGB 2 52.44 CFM 120 mm Fan $29.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan NZXT - AER RGB 2 91.19 CFM 140 mm Fan $32.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $881.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-12 19:41 EDT-0400
  • AM4 doesn’t have as much return, when it comes to over clocking (chips hit voltage limits), and liquid coolers tend to be more maintenance intensive
  • Switched the hybrid drive for a 1TB NVME drive (hybrid drives aren’t worth it)
  • 9 months ago
  • 1 point

thats a NVME? also is it a good NVME, I'm willing to spend roughly 120 ish for a good 1tb nvme. What I dont know about NVMEs is that does deleting and re-writing affect it the same as it does on a Sata SSD?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s decent for its price range

https://www.pcgamesn.com/adata-xpg-sx6000-pro-review-benchmarks

However, if you can’t spend a little more, the Corsair MP510 (for $125) looks to be a better option, as it’s got better endurance

As for writing and rewriting, I don’t think deleting and rewriting should do anything to the drive

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I was looking to get a 500gb nvme for boot and my larger, open world games that pull from game files throughout the game to play. and put the rest on the 2tb firecuda and use the firecuda for general storage, but I do want to move my OS and boot up programs to a NVME for that insane speed.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Has anyone seen the latest article's on the x570 motherboards? There saying the x570 motherboards will cost above $150...Idk about you but I'm on a budget build lol.. They also say the cheapest x570 motherboard will cost $150+.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube