add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Condenser Mircophone

cmgroft

5 months ago

Hello, Im looking into getting a condenser microphone for recording, streaming, talking ect.. I have been recommended the AKG C214 and the AT4040. I am having trouble picking one of them to go with so I wanted to get other opinions on either of the mics. I can get both for the same price and both of them would fit my needs. What are things you like about either of them or one over the other? Any opinions on either mic or other condenser microphones in this price range would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I already have an audio interface with a good pre-amp, an xlr cable, boom stand and all of that. Im starting to lean more towards the C214 because it comes with a windscreen, the at4040 doesn't and it would be an additional cost. I probably should have stated in my original post that im coming from an RE320. I was able to use my friends C214 and started think a condenser would fit my needs better than a dynamic.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

The AT4040 has much better low-end response compared to the C214 and has a flatter response overall until about 5 kHz. If you have a deeper voice than average, I would suggest the AT4040; however, if you have a roughly average voice or higher than average voice, opt for the C214. The additional cost of a pop filter is mostly negligible.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I do have a deeper voice and I went with the AT4040, I'll have it with in a few days hopefully. Thanks for the advice!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube