add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is RTX worth it right now?

Surfmurder
  • 11 months ago

I'm debating my GPU, and my current needs are 1440p at 60+ FPS. I've been settling with the idea of getting the 2070, but I'm wondering if I'll be better off going cheaper with a 1070. Or even springing for a 1080. I just dont know if the main advantage of the RTX cards is one I'm even going to make use of

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait until the middle of July. By then RTX Super should be announced and the new AMD stuff.

What card do you have now?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

No card currently. From scratch build. I forgot about the super cards actually. I've been waiting for the 3000 ryzen series to drop so that just makes sense anyways.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope.... buuutt amd's new navi is suppose to go against the 2070 in 1440p but its also overpriced so just wait for rtx prices to drop.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

dont buy either amd or nvidias current generation of cards as there a total rip off, nvidia hiked there prices up due to real time ray tracing thats hardly supported and Navi is a rx 590 upgrade that should have cost $250, buy a last gen 1000 series nvidia card, a 1070ti or a Vega 56 or 64 would be my advice, anyone advising any of the current gen of cards need there head seeing too as its the worst bit of advice you could give.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube