add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I get the corsair hs60 headset now or wait for prime day?

Case5549

5 months ago

It costs $40 and is really good. It just got a $10 price drop recently so I don't know if I should buy it now or wait for a potential discount in 15 days. What are the chances it would even drop in price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kNBTwP/corsair-hs60-surround-black-71-channel-headset-ca-9011173-na

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

The HS60 is a good headset for that price but I have tried many budget headsets and wouldn’t really recommend that one, it started getting rusty on the metal parts on the sides, good thing I had bough the BestBuy warranty and they exchanged it for a HyperX Cloud Stinger which is way more comfortable.

The ones I have tried where:

The HS60, which started getting uncomfortable after one hour of use, and got rusty on the metal mesh on the sides.

The HyperX Cloud Stinger, which is very comfortable, and has great sound. It is also very light and the one I recommend the most.

The Artcis 3, which is comfortable unless you have large ears because the earpads are not very deep. The headband system is very comfortable and I could wear them for a long time without feeling uncomfortable.

The HyperX Cloud Core: This one is over your budget but I got it on sale for $35 on Black Friday, it is basically the HyperX Cloud II with a slightly worse mic and without the surround sound.

The HyperX Cloud II can be commonly found for $60 and is a very good headset, it is very similar to the Cloud Core but it has a better mic, a 7.1 sound card, and it comes in a case with a travel bag and both Velour and Leather earpads. It is very comfortable and is the headset I recommend the most under $100

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

How in the hell did you get them to rust?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t know, but I had never had that problem with any other headset

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't think it will drop before prime day, $35 is the lowest it has been (both on Newegg and Amazon, Amazon data found via camelcamelcamel's site)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I remember 2018 prime day they had bose headset $100 bucks off and made that purchase.

prime day is so close, I want to wait and see if I can get a couple of items during this time period with heavy discount

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube