add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bench Test with Water Cooler

kjandreano
  • 8 months ago

I want to bench test before putting the MB, etc. into the case (no surprise here). But this build will have a liquid cooler (first time I've used one) so I'd like any tips people have on bench testing with a liquid CPU cooler (since they don't just mount on the MB like an air cooler, anything special you need to do with the radiator? Etc. I don't want to damage anything). Thanks!

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Just have it propped up against something to maintain some air flow and it should be fine. If you want to make sure no air gets trapped in the loop while testing, make sure the tubes are oriented coming out the bottom of the radiator rather than the top.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Should I take the water cooler off to then fit the MB into the case after testing? Thanks!

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the case. If there isn't a bunch of glass that you might end up scratching or there is some spot to secure the radiator while fitting your motherboard, it should be fine. Some people actually prefer to mount the cooler before putting the motherboard in the case (though I admit it's probably rare). If it will be a hassle to fit it though, just remove it before installing into the case.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The case is all glass, probably easier to remove it. Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube