add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Playing multi-player games in single-player

Captaincow285

7 months ago

So....

For whatever reason, I tend to play all my multi-player games in offline mode or bot matches if I don't have friends to que up with. This holds for all of my multi-player games, which are TF2, CS:Go, War Thunder, and Company of Heroes 2. I am currently downloading Dota 2 with the exclusive purpose of playing with bots....

Is something wrong with me?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

I mean, if it works for you, then do it. Your preferences are your preferences, and there's nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand, the only game I do that with is COH2. TF2 and CS:GO's bots are not good imo, and I never have liked Dota. I played War Thunder like twice but preferred World of Tanks to it. I prefer multiplayer, but I don't play competitive, use voice chat, etc.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You prefer World of Tanks to War Thunder??????????

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I did, yeah. I don't play either anymore though

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it weird to prefer WoT? When I played those that's what I preferred....Lol

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never played it but it's my understanding that WT is a lot better.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh lol I mean I guess it's just personal preference. I played both and granted I had a lot more time in Wot, I still preferred it to WT. Game just felt better to me. Course I haven't played either for a couple years, so I have no idea what they're like these days Lol

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Some people just prefer to play alone. I usually play multi player games solo as well.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I typically don't do that, but depending on what game it is I might. I played TF2 for a good 20 hours against bots before just quitting altogether.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehe....

I've spent a good 200 hours against bots.... And that's in TF2 only. Overall, I'd say I've sunk 1,000 hours into vs-bot matches across the listed games.

I only have 1,500 hours across my entire Steam library.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say it depends on the intelligence of the AI. In Paladins (similar to TF2) the bots are so dumb. So I use them for farming Battle Pass exp. I usually ignore chat altogether and just do what I in casual ques, ranked is a different story.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I have wondered about this many times over years. Questioned lots of men from my unit and at the VA. They mostly prefer non military type games ( escapism ). This is easy to understand, if its your job...who wants to do the same thing in your down time, I myself prefer Gw2,Eso,and other MMO's or steam titles Divinity OS2, and many more.(and of course I will join with my nephew for the rare FPS to be supportive of him) But then I like anything with D&D type settings combined with a healthy dose of social camaraderie, which has clarified for me, the answer to your question. If I bot some Gears of war , Arma ,Division etc etc I never have to deal with idiots, trolls and keyboard warriors. I also would never make that special friendship that rolls over into real life , or that cute redhead that likes to go on cruise ships. or that guy from the Netherlands that became like a brother. Sometimes ( particularly now days ) Its so easy to withdraw , to tell ourselves we are happier this way, to stay plugged in BOT BOT BOT. To each his own , but for me the occasional " Get Wrecked Biotch" " Get the F*** out of me woods" doesnt even weigh in when compared to the special relationships I have made over the years. Just my 2 cents Arak

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing wrong with it. Bots can be fun. I remember playing the old Jedi Knight series against bots because I wasn't allowed to use the internet without parental supervision(this was when I was like 9). Had some good times with that.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I sort of am looking for a squad. I have a group that I play with relatively often, but they're offline often, and when they're online, it tends to be at times where I can't be. Essentially, I'm the worst squadmate in terms of syncing playtime to be with, so I generally don't bother.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube