add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 9 3900x Cooler

kjandreano
  • 8 months ago

Will a Deepcool GAMMAXX GT 29.5 CFM CPU Cooler be good enough for a Ryzen 9 3900x? An AIO won't fit, and a larger air cooler won't either unfortunately.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

and a larger air cooler won't fit either unfortunately.

The Corsair Crystal 570X RGB has a maximum CPU Cooler clearance of 170mm.

So almost all air coolers would fit perfectly on that Case.

The problem relies on the very tall Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro modules from your build.

Still a Scythe Mugen 5 will fit nicely on that Case with zero clearance issues as the ram concerns.

Note: You can still mount a 240mm Radiator at the top of that Case.

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

+1

I would recommend looking into the Fuma over the Mugen 5 for the 3900X though. It will stay cooler and quieter on a 105W CPU.

The one advantage the Mugen 5 will have over the Fuma is that it will fit 99% of motherboards without any clearance issues at all. The Fuma will probably interfere with your memory modules, so you will have to place the front fan up a bit (or put it on the back if you're only going 2 fans). Even with the potential clearance issue, I would recommend the Fuma over the Mugen 5 for 90% of scenarios involving 105W TDP. At 105W, you're looking at a 1-2 degree difference, but once PPT is considered, you're looking at around 5-6 degrees lower on the Fuma as the Mugen starts having dissipation issues that more/stronger fans can't really fix. The heat soak difference between the two is made even more apparent after hours of high usage, something that reviewers don't talk about since they simply don't have the time to test multiple coolers for hours on end.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either of them.

PS: I have a Mugen 5 on my 2600X and I love it. I use Scythe on many of my customer builds, the Mugen 5 probably being my overall favorite.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

So, the Scythe Mugen 5 has a similar design to the Deepcool GAMMAXX GT, but has even better performance (just no fancy RGB :). Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube