add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Changing my power options. Power saving, what should I set my max and min settings? I am trying to bring down the temps

asianoodleman
  • 8 months ago

Hi all, so I am trying to render a video @1080p 10 mins long. Each time I run it the temps exceed 80 degrees and I end up cancelling the job.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kFTDGG

This is my build BUT there is NO aftermarket cooler. I will be getting the evo but its not in yet. I read online I can change my power options by setting a maximum and a minimum that my pc can run and that will limit that amount of power and performance but will improve my temps.

Is this wise to do this for this project? What should I set my maximums and minimums for my pc?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Power shouldn't be your problem here. Your parts list shows a Cooler Master 212, that should be sufficient for your CPU. Be sure to install that, and be sure it's done properly (there are several videos on YouTube for that). Also, how many case fans to you have total? I only saw one on your list and I don't think your case comes with any. You need more than one case fan.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont have the 212 yet, and I have 4 total case fans. 2 intake and 2 exhaust

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The better CPU cooler will help significantly. There are even better ones than the CM 212, but they are large (like the scythe mugen 5 or Noctua NH-U12S). How are you on space?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube