add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Setting up 5.1 surround sound speaker system to a PC

Danoga

4 months ago

Hey so for my upcoming build i'm looking to buy https://www.amazon.com/Enclave-Audio-CineHome-Wireless-Theater/dp/B00W972KB4?SubscriptionId=AKIAINYWQL7SPW7D7JCA&tag=aboutcom02lifewire-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00W972KB4 I'm wondering how difficult it would be to connect these to my computer? Also i'm planning on having a tv wall mounted directly above my monitor. How would i easily go about switching audio output between the PC and TV if i want to only watch something on tv?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

You're going to use HDMI to send audio to that speaker system and the TV. You'll use windows audio controls accessible from the audio menu to change output selections.

The important thing is that your build have enough HDMI outputs (or DP outputs with passive adapters) to connect each of your HDMI based audio and video devices.

In theory, you could use the motherboards HDMI (if equipped) for your audio output to the 5.1 speaker system, so as not to sacrifice a video output on the GPU for audio only, but this may take a bit of experimentation.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube