add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any word on 3900x restock?

Danoga

6 months ago

So i've been waiting almost a month for the 390x to be back in stock so i can order my pc parts. I'm really not keen on waiting as i'm trying to have my build up and running by the end of this month. Would it be worth going with the i9-9900k? or is the 3700x better than the i9?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I just bought one in Australia, and there's a few around here. Had to pay a bit of a $70 gouge though, but I can live with that.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Patience pays off and you will get what you want in the end. Just wait for the 3900X to come back in stock. It will do. Once the 16 core Ryzen comes out that will deflect some attention away from the 12 core. Forget about the i9-9900K, different platform, different build. Play the waiting game. Just do not pay a scalper's premium to own the CPU by jumping on an eBay Buy it Now.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, you should ask yourself...do you need an hyper threaded 12 core processor?

Because both processors are doing their job amazingly well.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

No, i don't need it. Do i want it? hell yea!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well as these processors have almost the same price, sure you want more cores and threads for the same amount of money.

That's logical. lol

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I am in the same boat friend, building my new PC and now that I finally snapped up my favorite RTX 2070 super variant all the components are just sitting in a pile waiting for the CPU.... preordered with B&H 3 weeks ago so hopefully I get one soon....

I heard a rumor that in a week or so there'll be a massive restock, and I'm pretty sure even if that fails, there'll be plenty once the bigger 3950X is released in September. We just gotta be patient a bit longer I guess...

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea not only am i waiting for the 3900x, i'm also waiting on the enthoo luxe 2 to be released, which is said to be out sometime this month

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I got mine directly from AMD (got on their email list to be notified when it came back in stock). They got it before any retailers did (no surprise).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube