add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help creating a sweet sound setup

jfinnegan0

3 months ago

Hi all,

I currently have a setup where I currently plug my HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset into the headphone/mic jacks on the top of my NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case which is connected somehow to my ASUS PRIME X470-Pro. My goal for this project is to get two nice speakers and a sub-woofer hooked up.

I want to be able to easily switch between the following input sources: my PC, a vinyl record player, and an AUX cord. I also want to be able to switch output between my speakers and my headset. Lastly, I want to get a new headset that is dedicated audio and then get a separate mic. Let me know what your thoughts are!

Thank you!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

here is a $500 setup, with the additional benefit of letting you add extra output sources if you want https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8g8BQZ

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty much spot on, though those headphones are to expensive. Now, I’m not saying to not get them. Get them there pretty nice, but the mod mic is ehh. Get a Fifine usb microphone for 30$ and a pop filter and you will have a mic that’s sounds like higher end mics.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget <$1,000

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube