add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC opinions wanted

DoNotStart

5 months ago

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nHm9q4
I am really cautious about building a pc and have made many topics just so i can get to the right build for me. Is this one any good?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good, just want to know the purpose of the build?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming, mainly destiny 2 and apex legends

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I’m that case I recommend spending a little more if you can for a better cpu that’s more on the gaming side. Since you won’t need 8 cores, unless your going to be doing heavy task.

Also switched to a 5700 XT since you going to be using a free sync monitor it nice to use that feature and not waste it. Additionally you will only lose about ~10 FPS but you gain free sync. Both cards are both meant for 1440p so don’t be scared to not reach your 144hz at 1080p

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor £187.98 @ Aria PC
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard £114.95 @ AWD-IT
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £85.98 @ Aria PC
Storage Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive £104.96 @ CCL Computers
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB EVOKE OC Video Card £423.01 @ Technextday
Case NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case £64.98 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 (EU) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply £86.97 @ Amazon UK
Monitor MSI Optix MAG241C 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor £209.95 @ Amazon UK
Mouse Glorious PC Gaming Race MODEL O Wired Optical Mouse £53.69 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Custom Ducky one 2 mini £115.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1447.47
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-01 20:10 BST+0100
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, the 5700 XT is marginally faster than the RTX 2070, hence no loss in performance there.

The Ryzen 3600 is an excellent choice with 12-15% faster single threaded performance (reflective in games) + with nippier 6 cores, almost matches the Ryzen 2700's 8-core multi-threaded performance. The 2700 at this point aint worth it, especially for gaming.

In full agreement with the above recommendation. Although, I'd be tempted to raise the bar a little by 25 quid and grab this card: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/vK4BD3/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-5700xt-8gbd6-3dheoc If not displayed in the images, check here https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1565160726 Benefits: 5% OC headroom above the FE + robust cooling solution!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks to both of you. I think I will spend a bit extra for the powercolor card.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the bios warning a big problem? Also the Samsung LC27JG50QQNZA is a 1440p 144hz monitor that is actually just £40 more than the current monitor but it doesn’t have any frame syncs, should I keep the MSI or go for the samsung?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

No the bios is not a problem since it’s a newer version of the board with update bios to support the new chips.

Now for the monitor, idk tbh, if you want to suffer somewhat smoothness and screen tearing but want higher res then go, but imo if your a more competitive player, than going with the msi is better. It depends on the type of player you are really.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube