add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Pliskin36

3 months ago

I’m considering getting the rtx 2080 right now ab was wondering if someone could break down the different brands and is there a go to brand? Why go for 2 fan card vs the 3 fan card

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not quiet as simple as 2 fan vs 3 fan, the whole cooling assembly is important.

Best bet would be to see models you like, fit within your price and check reviews. Most 2080's with solid cooler's will perform / offer most the performance out the box thanks to boosting beyond box specs. You don't need to splash out on the very expensive ones to get solid performance.

Looking strictly at RTX 2080s listed on PCPP and in USD, the MSI gaming X trio makes the most sense: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YKbwrH/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-founders-edition-8gb-gaming-x-trio-video-card-rtx-2080-gaming-x-trio A substantial cooler, solid performance etc and seems to be on sale at best buy, only cheaper 2080 listed as of writing is the ASUS Duo for $20 less and in this instance the Gaming X trio is worth that extra uptick in price. Review here on the model: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-gaming-x-trio-review,1.html

Above that gaming X trio price and your getting close to 2080 Super prices anyways which works solid, even with the founders edition cooler. I will also add however, depending on your budget / price, take a peek at the 2070 Super. Can be had for $100-$150 cheaper with solid cooler's and may meet your performance needs.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an MSI gaming X trio RTX 2080 myself and I am very happy with it. As Radox-0 says, it's the one to get if you go with an RTX 2080. Just what you need in a graphics card depends on the resolution, frame rate, and type of games that you typically play. You should also get a card that can fully drive the capabilities of the monitor that you have, without going far beyond that or you're not getting the benefits of the better card.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube